dmesg problem in 2.5.73

Post by John Covic » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 11:00:22

Hi.  I have a weird problem -- maybe its iptables, but I am using the
log target and they print at legvel 4, but I only want level 3 or
less to print on the console, so I did 'dmesg -n 3' but I am still
getting the iptables messages.

I thought I could do this all with syslog.conf, but that has never
worked.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

--
         John Covici

-

dmesg problem in 2.5.73

Post by Martin Schlemme » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 12:50:04

> Hi.  I have a weird problem -- maybe its iptables, but I am using the
> log target and they print at legvel 4, but I only want level 3 or
> less to print on the console, so I did 'dmesg -n 3' but I am still
> getting the iptables messages.

> I thought I could do this all with syslog.conf, but that has never
> worked.

Changing DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL (?) has been broken since
2.5.70 or 2.5.71.  I checked kernel/printk.c, etc, but could
not see anything that was causing this.

Regards,

--
Martin Schlemmer