2.4.6 Pre 5 Not see all available RAM

Post by Stuart Haa » Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:40:05

Hi All,

I have discovered that while running 2.4.6pre5, the kernel does not see all
available RAM - I have 1GB and the kernel only sees ~899MB.  The stock
Redhat 7.1 kernel sees the full 1024MB.  Adding mem=1024M on boot does not
help either.

I'm running an IBM x340, dual 1GHz cpu.

Have I missed something?

Stuart

-

Post by Wayne Whitne » Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:40:06

> I have discovered that while running 2.4.6pre5, the kernel does not
> see all available RAM - I have 1GB and the kernel only sees ~899MB.

The 1GB memory option in the kernel configuration is really the 896MB
memory option.  So for more than 896MB, you need to select the 4GB
memory option, which really is 4GB.

Wayne

-

1. linux not seeing all available ram

We just installed linux on a compaq with 80 megs of
ram.
We have everything up and running but, linux is only
seeing the two 8 meg simms.  The two 32 meg dimms
are not being seen at all.
It does see all of the swap.

Is there something I can set in a configuration file somewhere
which will resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Anne

2. Where is libgr.so.1? (Or, has anyone succeeded with ELF pbmplus?)

3. PRE-RELEASE/PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT: NDOS Technical Library Available

4. dowhat=`expr "dowhat.sh" : "\(.*\)\.sh$"`;

5. Not all ram seen by linux but is by BIOS check

6. Use g++-function in a chill source

7. Linux not seeing RAM

8. CSO software

9. RAM not seen

10. All RAM not seen

11. not all of 24 megs of ram being seen.

12. Only seeing 64M Ram, not 128M

13. Linux not seeing all my RAM :-{