4 is good. .00000001% is good.

Post by Rick A. Hohense » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:50:12

Yes, osimplay is probably for 4 people on the planet. The 4 that don't
confuse writing an operating system with porting Minix to pmode. All 4 of
whom have been ostracized from the Linux Kernel Clique, but who probably
still read l-k occaisionally to see what kind of shenanigans Billy's Free
Unix Boys are up to, like pretending SMP scales.

By the way, if you don't like the looks of a "bastard offspring of a
drunken encounter between Intercal and APL" (Smoorenberg), it's a shell
script, moron, so if you're more comfortable, it shouldn't even take a
Kernel-cliquer more than a few minutes to make it resemble a cross between
Alan Cox, Matthew Wilcox, a plate of bad sushi and a couple hundred
ioctls. With more teeth than Torvalds. Just don't leave it where I might
get a whiff of it.

Rick Hohensee

:; cLIeNUX /dev/tty4  16:34:53   /
:;d -d */
Ha3sm/       configure/   enth04/      help/        owner/       suite/
boot/        dev/         floppy/      log/         source/      temp/
command/     device/      guest/       mount/       subroutine/
:; cLIeNUX /dev/tty4  16:46:15   /
:;

-

4 is good. .00000001% is good.

Post by Martin Schlemme » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:20:13

Quote:

> Yes, osimplay is probably for 4 people on the planet. The 4 that don't
> confuse writing an operating system with porting Minix to pmode. All 4 of
> whom have been ostracized from the Linux Kernel Clique, but who probably
> still read l-k occaisionally to see what kind of shenanigans Billy's Free
> Unix Boys are up to, like pretending SMP scales.

> By the way, if you don't like the looks of a "bastard offspring of a
> drunken encounter between Intercal and APL" (Smoorenberg), it's a shell
> script, moron, so if you're more comfortable, it shouldn't even take a
> Kernel-cliquer more than a few minutes to make it resemble a cross between
> Alan Cox, Matthew Wilcox, a plate of bad sushi and a couple hundred
> ioctls. With more teeth than Torvalds. Just don't leave it where I might
> get a whiff of it.

I have no idea if your project is any good or not, but the fact is that this
list is for issues regarding the linux kernel.

In general if you want people to start using your work, you need to make
sure it:
1) Will be of use for them
2) Will be of exceptional quality, so that it will be better than the
   competition, etc.
3) Try not to be an annoying bastard.

As for 1) and 2), I do not know, but in 3) your are starting to lean
toward not accomplishing it, as you keep pissing people like me off
that usually rather wont get involved in trolling.

Also, you should consider the fact that trying to publicly humiliate
someone usually points to a low self esteem ?  I do not know what
Alan Cox did to you, but do not want to read about it as:
1) It has nothing to do with me and the other people on this list - mail
   him in private if it helps you sleep at night telling him how worthless
   his is.
2) I do not give a flying f**k.

Please stop this shit, as I for one are starting to get fed up with
pointless threads that never seem to die, and just keeps filling
up my mailbox - I am sure I am not the only one.

Thanks.

--

Martin Schlemmer

  signature.asc
< 1K Download

4 is good. .00000001% is good.

Post by Sir Ac » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:30:28

Quote:> Please stop this shit, as I for one are starting to get fed up with
> pointless threads that never seem to die, and just keeps filling
> up my mailbox - I am sure I am not the only one.

Word...

  -- Sir Ace
-

4 is good. .00000001% is good.

Post by Henrik Persso » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:40:04

On 25 Jun 2003 00:16:31 +0200

> I have no idea if your project is any good or not, but the fact is that
> this list is for issues regarding the linux kernel.

> In general if you want people to start using your work, you need to make
> sure it:
> 1) Will be of use for them
> 2) Will be of exceptional quality, so that it will be better than the
>    competition, etc.
> 3) Try not to be an annoying bastard.

> As for 1) and 2), I do not know, but in 3) your are starting to lean
> toward not accomplishing it, as you keep pissing people like me off
> that usually rather wont get involved in trolling.

> Also, you should consider the fact that trying to publicly humiliate
> someone usually points to a low self esteem ?  I do not know what
> Alan Cox did to you, but do not want to read about it as:
> 1) It has nothing to do with me and the other people on this list - mail
>    him in private if it helps you sleep at night telling him how
>    worthless his is.
> 2) I do not give a flying f**k.

> Please stop this shit, as I for one are starting to get fed up with
> pointless threads that never seem to die, and just keeps filling
> up my mailbox - I am sure I am not the only one.

Nope, you are not the only one.

Though I find all this kind of amusing, it would probably be best if the
trolling would be off the list ;o)

But err, amusing things like the www.alancoxonachip.com really makes my
day. :o)

--

-

4 is good. .00000001% is good.

Post by Kurt Wal » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:40:09

Quoth Rick A. Hohensee:

Quote:> Yes, osimplay is probably for 4 people on the planet. The 4 that don't
> confuse writing an operating system with porting Minix to pmode. All 4 of
> whom have been ostracized from the Linux Kernel Clique, but who probably
> still read l-k occaisionally to see what kind of shenanigans Billy's Free
> Unix Boys are up to, like pretending SMP scales.

> By the way, if you don't like the looks of a "bastard offspring of a
> drunken encounter between Intercal and APL" (Smoorenberg), it's a shell
> script, moron, so if you're more comfortable, it shouldn't even take a
> Kernel-cliquer more than a few minutes to make it resemble a cross between
> Alan Cox, Matthew Wilcox, a plate of bad sushi and a couple hundred
> ioctls. With more teeth than Torvalds. Just don't leave it where I might
> get a whiff of it.

I think I shall send your messages to a location where I might get
a whiff of them.

*plonk*
--
Cleveland still lives.  God must be dead.

-

4 is good. .00000001% is good.

Post by Kurt Wal » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:50:11

Quoth Kurt Wall:

Quote:> Quoth Rick A. Hohensee:

[...]

Quote:> > ioctls. With more teeth than Torvalds. Just don't leave it where I might
> > get a whiff of it.

> I think I shall send your messages to a location where I might get
> a whiff of them.

> *plonk*

Or, rather, where I might *not* get a whiff of them. Sheesh.

"I only touch base with reality on an as-needed basis!"
                -- Royal Floyd Mengot (Klaus)
-

4 is good. .00000001% is good.

Post by Mike Galbrait » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:00:25

Quote:>Yes, osimplay is probably for 4 people on the planet. The 4 that don't
>confuse writing an operating system with porting Minix to pmode. All 4 of
>whom have been ostracized from the Linux Kernel Clique, but who probably
>still read l-k occaisionally to see what kind of shenanigans Billy's Free
>Unix Boys are up to, like pretending SMP scales.

>By the way, if you don't like the looks of a "bastard offspring of a
>drunken encounter between Intercal and APL" (Smoorenberg), it's a shell
>script, moron, so if you're more comfortable, it shouldn't even take a
>Kernel-cliquer more than a few minutes to make it resemble a cross between
>Alan Cox, Matthew Wilcox, a plate of bad sushi and a couple hundred
>ioctls. With more teeth than Torvalds. Just don't leave it where I might
>get a whiff of it.

Either be civil, or take a hike.  Please.

-

1. Am I a good candidate for Linux?

Netscape Communicator (free)

Take your pick, among which are StarOffice, http://www.stardivision.com
and ApplixWare, http://www.applix.com/appware/index.htm, some of which
are free for personal use.

Communicator, but there are probably other tools (I don't do much web
development). Cold Fusion (http://www.allaire.com), etc. will be
available
in the future.

GIMP, the GNU Image Manipulation Program (free)

Any comments from those who run Quake on Linux?

Regards,
Ed
--
   Q: Why do PCs have a reset button on the front?
   A: Because they are expected to run Microsoft operating systems.

2. Scripting in Solaris: pushing installs via sh or perl or? ? ?

3. I am interested in suggestions for a good OpenSource C++ IDE

4. ftp and www is slow in solaris

5. Am I an idiot, or is there just no good backup software?

6. popclient in ip-up script

8. login problem for new users

10. Am I touchy? Or am I right?