SuSE-Sparc Kernel Compile Issue

Post by Keene O'Conno » Sat, 12 May 2001 08:36:17

Hello,

I've been having quite a bit of trouble compiling a new kernel on my
SS10 running SuSE 7.0, kernel version 2.2.16.

It gets to a spot in the process and aborts rather hard every time...it
seems to have something to do with IDE/Block Device settings, but even
after disabling all the seemingly relevent features in `menuconfig,' the
result is the same.

Here is the URL of the output from the compile script's most recent
attempt:

http://students.washington.edu/keene/compile_error.txt

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keene

1. Kernel compile issues in Debian 3.0 for Sparc

Hi, I have just recently done a new install of the latest Debian-Sparc
release on my SparcStation 5. I have since been attempting to compile a
2.4.19 kernel to use on the system (there is no way I am doing without
IP-Tables!).

I seem to be having a few issues though, after running "make menuconfig" and
setting my kernel config file I ran a "make deps && make clean bzImage
modules modules_install" although the system only got as far as running
make deps and make clean. At hitting the bzImage part it bummed with the
following error:

abraxas:/usr/src/linux-2.4.19# make bzImage
make: *** No rule to make target `bzImage'.  Stop.
abraxas:/usr/src/linux-2.4.19#

I'm pretty much at a loss as to why this would happen, if someone could give
me a pointer I would be rather chuffed. Thanks :o)

Dan

--
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"

        -- Salvor Hardin

2. OBP devalias question.

3. SUN SPARC (kernel?) issues

4. DPT 2022/90 EISA SCSI-2 controller?

5. Connecting Sparc Station 5 (RH 6.0 for Sparc) and SuSE 6.4 via NFS

6. manual page output

7. kernel modules compile issue

8. Netscape and bold fonts

9. RH7.0 Kernel compile issues

10. Kernel Compile Issues

11. kernel compile issues

12. 3.0-CURRENT kernel compile issue

13. Performance issue: compiling kernel taking 5x longer than on comparable systems