2.4.x & PPP-or-IP-or-TCP

Post by Samium Gromof » Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:10:05

            hello again,
     cant tolerate more this feature: just cant get
  this brand new preemption patch, just because ppp_interface_error_count
  absolutely_selectively_data_dependant increases!

     for interested and wanting to help:
 http://tech9.net/rml/linux/patch-rml-2.4.8-ac12-preempt-kernel-1
    just cant get. no way. period.

     not closely related details:
  on my old 5x86 that was quite a curse: 2.2 - ok, 2.4 - silent death,
  85% of packets died on this ppp interface (that was another issue,
  and mostly wasnt data dependant(i.e. data dependant was 3% of all errors)),
  and also packets which had an unfortunateness to be received at one time
  with disk access also were 99% dead.

     here and now:
  doesnt depend on packet compression: deflate/bsd/vj - etc
  doesnt depend on v42 modem compression.
  tried 2 differrent modems(sportster 14400 voice/ Zyxel omni 56k).
  ppp 2.4.0.

  sounds for me like a ppp crc issue.

cheers,
  Sam
-

2.4.x & PPP-or-IP-or-TCP

Post by Samium Gromof » Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:00:10

Quote:

> >      for interested and wanting to help:
> >  http://tech9.net/rml/linux/patch-rml-2.4.8-ac12-preempt-kernel-1
> >     just cant get. no way. period.

> I would investigate your modem or serial settings. I can pull that file
> flat out over Linux 2.4.x ppp.

    dont quite understand that sentence(still hard with english),
 but here is requested(?) data:

    Zyxel 56k Omni - russian version.

/dev/ttyS1, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3, Flags: spd_hi low_latency

AT Q0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 S11=55 +FCLASS=0 L0 M0 - but you can try whatever
do you like - it is seem to be not even modem-dependant

-

1. Sparc 5/Solaris 2.4 TCP/IP Problem with SL/IP connections

I am having a problem on my Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.4
when I connect via SL/IP via a Cisco 2511 Router.

The problem is anytime I have to transact with the Sun
(for mail via Eudora, news via Newswatcher etc, etc and
even when I access the Web server on the Sun) these
trasactions slow to a halt.  I had heard that there was
some way you could set the TCP/IP timing to better handle
the slower connections.  Anyone got any info on this?

Thanks in advance.

-bob

http://www.dwx.com/~bob/

2. Problem with remote X applications

3. tcp/ip ppp hangup in sco 3242 tcp/ip 121

4. Question about path setting after issueing the command 'su'

5. PPP & TCP/IP

6. Installing Slackware HDSETUP

7. TCP/IP RPC on Solaris 2.4 and Sybase 10.0

8. fetchmail with kerberos problem

9. TCP/IP RPC with Solaris 2.4 and Sybase 10.0

10. Why the TCP/IP socket hang up in my SS 20 running Solaris 2.4 ?

11. Mosaic 2.4 under TCP/IP

12. TCP/IP configuration procedure in Solaris 2.4

13. TCP/IP RPC on Solaris 2.4 and Sybase 10.0