Linux PnP Support V0.93 - 2.5.50

Post by Zwane Mwaikamb » Sun, 08 Dec 2002 20:30:16

> Attached is a patch, gzipped for size, that updates the 2.5.50 to the latest pnp
> version.  It includes all 9 of the previously submitted patches.

> Highlights are as follows:
> -PnP BIOS fixes
> -Several new macros
> -PnP Card Services
> -Various bug fixes
> -more drivers converted to the new APIs

> PnP developers please use this patch.

Could we get a void* in pnp_dev? I'm finding myself resorting to
driver internal arrays in order to track locations of device private structures.

Thanks,
        Zwane
--
function.linuxpower.ca
-

Linux PnP Support V0.93 - 2.5.50

Post by Greg K » Sun, 08 Dec 2002 21:30:08

> > Attached is a patch, gzipped for size, that updates the 2.5.50 to the latest pnp
> > version.  It includes all 9 of the previously submitted patches.

> > Highlights are as follows:
> > -PnP BIOS fixes
> > -Several new macros
> > -PnP Card Services
> > -Various bug fixes
> > -more drivers converted to the new APIs

> > PnP developers please use this patch.

> Could we get a void* in pnp_dev? I'm finding myself resorting to
> driver internal arrays in order to track locations of device private structures.

Use the struct device void pointer for stuff like this.  There's some
helpful functions to get access to this easily (but don't seem to see
them in pnp.h at first glance...)

thanks,

greg k-h
-

Linux PnP Support V0.93 - 2.5.50

Post by Zwane Mwaikamb » Sun, 08 Dec 2002 21:50:08

> > Could we get a void* in pnp_dev? I'm finding myself resorting to
> > driver internal arrays in order to track locations of device private structures.

> Use the struct device void pointer for stuff like this.  There's some
> helpful functions to get access to this easily (but don't seem to see
> them in pnp.h at first glance...)

Thanks these should do it.

static inline void *pnp_get_drvdata (struct pnp_dev *pdev)
static inline void pnp_set_drvdata (struct pnp_dev *pdev, void *data)

        Zwane
--
function.linuxpower.ca
-

Linux PnP Support V0.93 - 2.5.50

Post by Adam Bela » Sun, 08 Dec 2002 22:00:10

> > > Attached is a patch, gzipped for size, that updates the 2.5.50 to the latest pnp
> > > version.  It includes all 9 of the previously submitted patches.

> > > Highlights are as follows:
> > > -PnP BIOS fixes
> > > -Several new macros
> > > -PnP Card Services
> > > -Various bug fixes
> > > -more drivers converted to the new APIs

> > > PnP developers please use this patch.

> > Could we get a void* in pnp_dev? I'm finding myself resorting to
> > driver internal arrays in order to track locations of device private structures.

> Use the struct device void pointer for stuff like this.  There's some
> helpful functions to get access to this easily (but don't seem to see
> them in pnp.h at first glance...)

Yes, there are helper functions for this, they can all be found in pnp.h.

static inline void *pnp_get_drvdata (struct pnp_dev *pdev)
{
        return dev_get_drvdata(&pdev->dev);

Quote:}

static inline void pnp_set_drvdata (struct pnp_dev *pdev, void *data)
{
        dev_set_drvdata(&pdev->dev, data);

Quote:}

static inline void *pnpc_get_drvdata (struct pnp_card *pcard)
{
        return dev_get_drvdata(&pcard->dev);

Quote:}

static inline void pnpc_set_drvdata (struct pnp_card *pcard, void *data)
{
        dev_set_drvdata(&pcard->dev, data);

Quote:}

thanks,