Joystick support in 2.4.4

Post by Stuart Ewe » Wed, 16 May 2001 07:02:45

I've compiled myself a nice new kernel,
but for some reason during the
configuration I can't select joystick
support.  Sound support is enabled, but
since I use ALSA no specific hardware is
selected.  Do I need to use the kernel
sound drivers instead for joystick
support?

BTW, it's a Gravis Gamepad and would be
on the Sonicfusion port...

Joystick support in 2.4.4

Post by Stuart Ewe » Thu, 17 May 2001 02:19:02

> I've compiled myself a nice new kernel,
> but for some reason during the
> configuration I can't select joystick
> support.  Sound support is enabled, but
> since I use ALSA no specific hardware is
> selected.  Do I need to use the kernel
> sound drivers instead for joystick
> support?

> BTW, it's a Gravis Gamepad and would be
> on the Sonicfusion port...

Ah, it's ok now, turns out input core
supports was needed (it only mentions
USB devices though in the
description...)

1. Joystick support with PS joystick

I have two PS joystick and my soundcard is AC'97 sound chip on board.
My linux distrio is debian 2.2 and my kernel is 2.2.19.
My sound card works well under linux.

I have tried the setting as follow
# modprobe joystick
this step seems OK.
# modprobe joy-console js_console=0x378,6,6,0,0,0
but it didn't work. Error msg: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect
module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

My /dev are as follow

/dev/js0 c 13, 0
/dev/js1 c 13, 1
/dev/js2 c 13, 2
/dev/js3 c 13, 3

Thanks a lot

2. ***** FRE INTERNET ****

3. Joystick support -- Error, no joysticks found

4. ulimit for cron

5. Joystick support....

6. termcap entry needed for dtterm

7. Joystick support

8. usleep via setitimer

9. Joystick support?

10. Looking for help with Gravis joystick support under 2.2.14

11. Joystick support

12. Joystick support for Doom

13. Joystick support in X?