2.5.47 bug - USB usbfs segvs processes

Post by Joseph Pingeno » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 19:50:21

Another bug in 2.5.47, this time with USBFS.  When attempting to read
  /proc/bus/usb/drivers, the program reading the "file" terminates with
  a segmentation fault:
/proc/bus/pci:58$ cat devices
Segmentation fault
$lspci
Segmentation fault

-Joseph
--

"[The question of] copy protection has long been answered, and it's only
  a matter of months until more or less all CDs will be published with

Post by Greg K » Mon, 18 Nov 2002 03:00:07

> Another bug in 2.5.47, this time with USBFS.  When attempting to read
>   /proc/bus/usb/drivers, the program reading the "file" terminates with
>   a segmentation fault:
> /proc/bus/pci:58$ cat devices
> Segmentation fault
> $lspci
> Segmentation fault

You are trying to read /proc/bus/pci/* not /proc/bus/usb files.  So why
would you think usbfs would have a problem?

Also, a decoded oops report would help out a lot.

thanks,

greg k-h
-

2.5.47 bug - USB usbfs segvs processes

Post by Joseph Pingeno » Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:40:06

From Greg KH on Saturday, 16 November, 2002:

>> /proc/bus/pci:58$ cat devices
>> Segmentation fault
>You are trying to read /proc/bus/pci/* not /proc/bus/usb files.  So why
>would you think usbfs would have a problem?
>Also, a decoded oops report would help out a lot.

heh.  I *am* an ass.  That is indeed /proc/bus/pci, not /proc/bus/usb.
  Ewps.  lsusb *does* segv, although the fact that I was in the wrong
  directory is intriguing.  Maybe I'll get the same problem as I got
  with lsusb when trying lspci.  Hmm.

To my knowledge, there is no oops data.  I'll send more data when I get a
  chance to reboot into that kernel.

-Joseph