PATCH: 2 small patches against 2.4.15-pre6 (sym2 + email change) (fwd)

Post by Mike Fedy » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:10:08

> > By the way, I missed the postings that made you the maintainer of 2.4
> > kernel neither saw any comments from Alan about. I am sure that you will
> > do the best you can and will do a very good work, but I feel a bit
> > frustrated not to know the reasons of this decision. If you can point me
> > to the corresponding articles, I will be very interested in.

> This link should be fine for you :

> http://advogato.org/article/370.html

This doesn't really show *why* he was chosen.  Marcello hasn't gotten much
press in the past.

Yes, it does look like a big change from the outside.  Even for LKML readers
;)

MF
-

Post by Marcelo Tosatt » Sun, 02 Dec 2001 01:10:15

> Hi Marcelo,

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I saved this mail to my pending list... :)

Quote:

> I didn't see these patches applied by previous kernel maintainer, neither
> received any ack nor nack about from. You may let me know if something
> gets wrong with them. Btw, I have another one after those ones.

> Note that I am used of the "no news means bad news" when patches for linux
> development are in concern, but I guess that I am not the only guy who
> will be glad if usual good practice of "no news means good news" would
> also apply there. Let me hope that this will be changed as it has been
> with 2.0 and 2.2 kernel maintainance. :)

> By the way, I missed the postings that made you the maintainer of 2.4
> kernel neither saw any comments from Alan about. I am sure that you will
> do the best you can and will do a very good work, but I feel a bit
> frustrated not to know the reasons of this decision. If you can point me
> to the corresponding articles, I will be very interested in.

Well, basically, it seems Alan got tired of maintenance... :)

You can take a look at Alan's diary for more stuff.

Quote:> Thanks to people who tried, did or are doing Linux kernel maintainance as
> I think that maintainance is a very important process at least as
> important as development (I want to write a lot more, in fact...).

> Good luck and TIA.

About the two patches you mention, can you please send me them ?

-