Loopback status

Post by Adam Schrotenboe » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 02:48:20

What's the current status of the loop-# patch? Haven't seen anything
since loop-4, which doesn't apply clean to 2.4.1-ac14 (one hunk is
rejected in loop.c, many others apply with fuzz).

I am waiting in anticipation of the folding of this patch into the
mainline kernel.

IIRC, Jens said he was working on a loop-5, but that was a week or two ago.

-

Loopback status

Post by Jens Axbo » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 12:05:24

> What's the current status of the loop-# patch? Haven't seen anything
> since loop-4, which doesn't apply clean to 2.4.1-ac14 (one hunk is
> rejected in loop.c, many others apply with fuzz).

> I am waiting in anticipation of the folding of this patch into the
> mainline kernel.

> IIRC, Jens said he was working on a loop-5, but that was a week or two ago.

I've been busy doing other stuff, sorry. I probably won't have
time to try and merge loop-5 with Alan before monday/tuesday, so
hang on and it will get there.

--
Jens Axboe

-

Loopback status

Post by Roland May » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 21:28:15

Hi,

where can I download the loopback-patches??

Roland Mayr

1. problem with ethernet loopback test using loopback plug/stub: receiving socket not seeing packet.

we are writing socket application to send UDP packets out from eth1
and loop it back to
the same interface using loopback stub to verify the hardware without
using external
devices/ports.  The sending and receiving port are the same.

our target machine has eth0 configured as 15.6.xx.xx and  eth1
configured as 16.6.6.6.

the listening socket is listing on all ip.

.

When we looked at the packet in the tx code of the driver, we have
observed that the packet passed down from the ip stack has the same
MAC address for both source and destination.  Also when packet is
returning, its ip source and destination are the same as the
transmitting packet, which is to be expected.

The outgoing packet on eth1 has ip address of 16.6.10.10.

1.      Is this type of loopback possible under linux?
2       Is it better to send raw packet, or should UDP work as well?
3.       is there a similar code that we can leverage?
4.  the returning (incoming) packet is lost after the driver passes it
to the ip stack. The receving socket is not able to retrieve packets
the driver receives.
What could be some of the issues?

Thank you in advance.

2. can you open an xterm & run a subroutine in that xterm?

3. loopback != loopback.uwc.edu (?)

4. PCMCIA ethernet support?

5. AMD status map status update solved!

6. Domain Mail

7. Couldn't open status file /var/lock/samba/STATUS....LCK

8. Help: Redhat installer won't find my CDROM...

9. Move "used FPU status" into new non-atomic thread_info->status field.

10. eth0 : transmit timed out, status 0000, PHY status 782d, resetting

11. Exit status, $?, and term status

12. Move "used FPU status" into new non-atomic thread_info->status field.

13. eth0:transmit timed out, tx-status 00 status e000