Kernel Conference (Mini Conference)

Kernel Conference (Mini Conference)

Post by David Lloy » Sun, 16 Feb 2003 07:40:08



I wonder if the suggestion of a "Kernel Mini-Conference" at the next
Australian Linux Conference would be out of order? Basically there'd be
two days of talks/tutorials and such about stuff to do with the
Kernel...

*a thought*

--
It's the pictures that got small!
 (Norma Desmond, Sunset Boulevard)
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in

More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/

 
 
 

Kernel Conference (Mini Conference)

Post by Neil Brow » Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:40:08



Quote:

> I wonder if the suggestion of a "Kernel Mini-Conference" at the next
> Australian Linux Conference would be out of order? Basically there'd be
> two days of talks/tutorials and such about stuff to do with the
> Kernel...

That's "Linux Conference, Australia" or the acronym comes out wrong :-)

I don't think it would be out of order at all.
Are you an Adelaide local?  Are you offering to organise?

One must wonder, though, if we take too many topics into special
mini-conferences, what will be left for the main conference??

I understand that Perth LCA had many more submissions than they could
accept.  Possibly a kernel mini-conf could give opportunities to some
of the kernel-oriented speakers who aren't accepted for the main
conference...

NeilBrown
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in

More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/

 
 
 

Kernel Conference (Mini Conference)

Post by David Lloy » Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:10:06


Neil,

Quote:> That's "Linux Conference, Australia" or the acronym comes out wrong
> :-)

True.

Quote:> I don't think it would be out of order at all.
> Are you an Adelaide local?  Are you offering to organise?

I am an Adelaide local and I could organise it, however I am also
organising "educationaLinux 2004" (the Australian annual educational
Linux conference thing). I could direct both but I don't want to spread
myself too thinly.

Quote:> One must wonder, though, if we take too many topics into special
> mini-conferences, what will be left for the main conference??

That's a point. However there seems to be so much one could talk about,
discuss and learn about the Linux kernel that you could easily spend the
whole _week_ on it alone.

Quote:> I understand that Perth LCA had many more submissions than they could
> accept.  Possibly a kernel mini-conf could give opportunities to some
> of the kernel-oriented speakers who aren't accepted for the main
> conference...

Or we could carefully pitch the "Mini Conference" to people who were
technical people who understand kernel code [i.e. make it a really,
really technical thing] and the conference at a slightly lesser, but
still technical, level.

DSL

--
I am big, it's the pictures that got small!
 (Norma Desmond, Sunset Boulevard)
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in

More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/