Final public draft of CGL v2.0 specification available for review

Final public draft of CGL v2.0 specification available for review

Post by Mika Kukkone » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:50:11

This is a Request For Comments on the final public draft of the OSDL
Carrier Grade Linux v2.0 Requirements Definition specification.

The PDF document is available directly from OSDL web site (*):
http://www.osdl.org/docs/carrier_grade_linux_requirements_definition_...
There is also a (definitely not so good looking) text version available
from SourceForge:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=17841&group_id=48444
To please everybody there is also a zipped HTML-file at SourceForge,
which serves as a kind of compromise between PDF and text:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cglinux/CGL_Req_v2-0_20030703.htm....

The OSDL CGL work group has spent six months preparing this, and I think
I speak for all of us when I say that I am now going to take some
vacation time to try to forget all the pain :-)

But there is going to be CGL-WG people reading our mailing list

comments/corrections to that mailing list.

The most important area we want comments on are the priorities of the
requirements, because priority 1 items are the ones that we are actually
expecting the distributions to pick up in next 12 months, so if there is
something at priority 1 that you think is not ready enough, please let
us know. Our plan is to review and integrate the feedback we get at our
Ottawa meeting three weeks from now, and then finally call this one
done.

There is a longish preface in the document with all the normal marketing
hype, so I am now going to sign off, pack my stuff and take the next
plane to Finland. Have fun!

--MiKu

(* ) Sorry about the long URL, it is a feature of our document
     management system.
--
Mika Kukkonen
Roadmap Coordinator

-

1. OSDL CGL v2 Clustering public draft now available

Hello,

After some serious wear and tear on the CGL Specs-subgroup, I am finally
able to announce immediate availability of the third and final section
of public drafts of our version 2 specification. All three sections can
be found at OSDL web site:
http://developer.osdl.org/cgi-bin/eidetic.cgi?modulename=folders&comm...

To refresh your mind, the two earlier sections are named "General OS
requirements" and "Security". We have also made HTML versions of these
documents available at SourceForge:
        http://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=48444

Again we invite everybody to download the specs and comment. We have an open

so prefer, and of course we will read the LKML also. Your choice.

Please keep in mind that these are draft documents, and the final content
might differ. The final public draft of the combined version 2 specification
is scheduled to be ready by the end of June, but now is the best time for
you to influence this specification. Thanks for comments in advance!

On the behalf of OSDL CGL-WG,
   Mika Kukkonen
   CGL Roadmap Coordinator

-

2. wtmp problem (debian)

3. OSDL CGL-WG draft specs available for review

4. Ultra 10 Crash

5. Announce: Online Single UNIX Specification V2 available

6. Admin tool for SunOS?

7. I think I am in deep brown sticky stuff

8. Lindows WINE support for Final Draft 5

9. DRAFT CFV for review: comp.os.linux reorganization

10. Gentoo @ Home - Final Review

11. First draft of Linux Laptop Mini-HOWTO available

12. The Linux Standards Base: for public review ...