MPEG-2 decoding driver for Trident Cyberblade i7

MPEG-2 decoding driver for Trident Cyberblade i7

Post by Michael Shilo » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 09:20:05

Hello,

Searching on the web, I see a few question but no answers
to the question of whether a driver exists that can utilize
the MPEG-2 hardware assist feature of the Trident
*blade i7.

Any pointers?

Thanks
Michael

-

More majordomo info at  http://www.veryComputer.com/
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.veryComputer.com/

MPEG-2 decoding driver for Trident Cyberblade i7

Post by Alan Co » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 09:40:03

Quote:> Searching on the web, I see a few question but no answers
> to the question of whether a driver exists that can utilize
> the MPEG-2 hardware assist feature of the Trident
> *blade i7.

> Any pointers?

That would be part of the XFree 4 server if supported on that card yet. The
hardware scalers/YUV for several cards are supported by XFree 4.0 and the
xv extension. Players such as xine wil use that if present.

So its an XFree question..
-

More majordomo info at  http://www.veryComputer.com/
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Help! Need driver for Trident Cyberblade /i7

I am the not-so-proud owner of a new Compaq Presario which has an on-board
video chipset that is probed as a Trident Cyberblade /i7.

XF86Setup identifies the chipset OK, but Xwindows does not work with it.  I
called RedHat support and they say that they do not have a driver to support
this chipset, and suggested I check on the internet to see if anyone has put
together a linux-compatible driver for the Trident Cyberblade /i7.

I wonder if anyone has run into this difficulty and/or has any ideas where I
can get a driver.

I'm dead in the water until I can resolve this, so would very much
appreciate an answer soon.

Many thanks!!

--Frank
--

1450 Nut Tree Lane
Sonoma, CA 95476

--

1450 Nut Tree Lane
Sonoma, CA 95476
Home phone:  707-938-4447  Work phone:  707-938-4499  Fax: 707-938-4476
"The map may not be the territory, but it's all we've got."

2. toshiba 2530cds networking problems

3. microcom deskporte 28.8 parallel modems and pppd

4. trident cyberblade i7 probleme on red hat

5. Intel i810

6. Problems with Trident Cyberblade i7

7. Token Ring drivers for FreeBSD?

8. dual head on trident cyberblade i7

9. Trident Cyberblade i7 and X on FreeBSD

10. dualhead with trident cyberblade i7

11. Trident CyberBlade i7 Problem with Linux 2.4

12. Problems with trident cyberblade i7