ALSA Menuconfig Breakage in 2.5.40 and 2.5.40-bk1

ALSA Menuconfig Breakage in 2.5.40 and 2.5.40-bk1

Post by Seth Chandle » Thu, 03 Oct 2002 15:10:09

Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's
Configuration files and is unable to continue.  Here is the error
report:

Q> ./scripts/Menuconfig: MCmenu74: command not found

This is broken in both 2.5.40 and 2.5.40-bk1

seth

-

1. 2.5.40: ALSA menuconfig bug traced

Hi,

The ALSA Menuconfig bug leads back to sound/Config.in

When you remove the entire if...fi block of CONFIG_SPARC64 or CONFIG_SPARC32
of the ALSA submenu, everything seems to work.

It seems to have nothing to do with the SPARC drivers though, for when I
duplicate the if ... fi block of CONFIG_ISA (so there are two ISA entries in
the submenu) after removing the SPARC(32, 64) block, the problems occur again.

Disabling CONFIG_ISA or CONFIG_PCI (the only options set "y" on my system)
didn't help anything.

I checked the Config.in file for odd characters with a binary editor, but
nothing was found.

Below you can find a "patch" that makes it work again. It is no solution
though...

I don't understand it... All I can think of is that the parser goes crazy...

Jos

37,39c37,39
< if [ "$CONFIG_SND" != "n" -a "$CONFIG_SPARC64" = "y" ]; then
<   source sound/sparc/Config.in
< fi
---
[  endmenu

-

2. Faxing from Linux

3. 2.5.40 menuconfig crashes when entering sound->alsa menu

4. C-Forge v1.0 Integrated Development Environment

5. make menuconfig fail on 2.5.40

6. Difference between voice modem and telephony card?

7. EVMS breaking menuconfig in 2.5.40?

8. rgb database location?

9. 2.5.40 - menuconfig crash

10. menuconfig hangs (2.5.40)

11. 2.5.40: menuconfig: no choice of keyboards

12. 2.5.40: make menuconfig error

13. 2.5.40 ALSA menu problem