FC & MULTIPATH !? (any hope?)

Post by Lars Marowsky-Bre » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:10:14

On 2002-01-14T12:33:01,

Quote:> is there any hope of working combination of MULTIPATH with FC !?

Yes. QLogic's newest 2200 HBA can do that. I don't know whether that is a
possible solution for your problem though.

Sincerely,

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl

  application_pgp-signature_part
< 1K Download

FC & MULTIPATH !? (any hope?)

On 2002-01-14T11:53:07,

Quote:> I've been working with the multipath code.  Trying to add functionality
> to it.  While I have not yet looked at this particular issue, if there
> is interest I would be willing to see what can be done.  I do not think
> it would be a big deal to add the functionality to reactivate a dead
> path.  It should not be too hard to attempt to do so automatically.

It should only be tried on demand, or at least possible to configure it in
this way; more safe.

Sincerely,

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl

-

1. FC & MULTIPATH !? (any hope?)

On 2002-01-17T15:36:54,

Combined with the enhancements this makes a lot of sense.

The enhancements are very much required, especially the way to mark a path as
good again manually.

I would also liks easily parseable /proc file to query the status of a
multi-path device, including all paths associated with it.

Sincerely,

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl

-

2. kernel 2.0.30: isdn patches not applied?

3. [Fwd: Re: FC & MULTIPATH !? (any hope?)]

4. port forwarding

5. SSA 160 SerialRAID Adapter (14109100) FC 6235 & FC 6231

6. Executable getting very large

7. md/multipath: Multipath, Multiport support and prototype patch for round robin routing

8. localhost.localdomain???

9. Hoping against hope: RH on a Toshiba 2520 CDS

10. Colorado FC-10/FC-20 and an external tape unit

11. T3, Sun FC PCI card and FC switch

13. ToolTalk, Debugger & Linux -- any hope?