binding a process to a processor

Post by Lee Chi » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:10:07

Hi
How do I bind a user process to a processor?

Thanks
Lee

Post by Robert Lov » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:20:08

> How do I bind a user process to a processor?

In 2.5, there is the system call sched_setaffinity.  It is rather new so
your libraries do not support it - see example code and headers at:

        ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rml/cpu-affinity

For 2.4, there is not yet such an interface.  At the above URL, you can
find a proc-based and a syscall-based interface for setting and
retrieving affinity.

        Robert Love

-