ATA with SMART

Post by Ana Yuseep » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:30:10

Hello everyone,

I would like to send some SMART commands in linux. One of the command I'd like to send is return_smart_status and I needed some extra data that the device would return in Cylinder_Low and Cylinder_High registers.

I have tried to use the HDIO_DRIVE_CMD, but I think this can't help me with the above operation.

I tried using the inw_p and outw_p, inb_p, outb_p, but with these, i usually receive the "lost interrupt" message.

Does anyone here have suggestions on what i should do?

Please reply, and thank you for your time,

-Ana
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8

ATA with SMART

Post by Ana Yuseep » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:00:06

Hello, first of all, thank you for your replies.. :)

All of the reply I received asked me to take a look at the smartsuite program. I have already taken a look at those, but those doesn't help my problem. It had a support for RETURN_SMART_STATUS command, but only the status_register is returned. The value in cylinder_high and cylinder_low is not returned. So, this is of no use to me.

Any other idea?

Thanks a lot,

-Ana