possible bug with RAID

Post by Roy Sigurd Karlsbak » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 04:00:13

Quote:> it would be interesting to write a simple benchmark
> that simply reads a file at a fixed rate.  *that* would
> actually simulate your app.

sure. I'm using tux+wget for that. I were just playing around with dd

Quote:> sounds like a VM/balance problem.  you didn't mention which kernel
> you're using.

2.4.16 w/tux + xfs. The fs used on the raid vol is xfs

Quote:> > I tried to do the bechmark with the individual drives, and no problem
> > there...

> much less bandwidth, and therefore VM pressure.

ok
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, MCSE, MCNE, CLS, LCA

Computers are like air conditioners.

-

1. RAID RAID RAID

I've scoured the search engines

I've looked at vinum and ccd

I need RAID-1 Hardware with instructions how to mirror!

Where is this information?

Mylex, AMI all have cards.  Which card to buy?  How are they
supported?  How do I set them up?  Where is the RAID documentation?

Where's the secret cache of all this info?

Patrick

2. Why? Login incorrect on all accounts

3. Raid performace issues (Raid 5 vs. Raid 0+1) with database files

4. alias or function for commonly used commands?

5. OS on Raid 5 . Possible??

6. Problems with Berkeley automounter (amd)

7. Intel SRCU32 RAID controller driver trouble, please help if possible

8. Backspace...delete..

9. Promise RAID is possible

10. is it possible to make a software raid of two mount points?

11. Is RAID possible on Linuxppc?

12. Raid / Disk Mirroring possible on FreeBSD?

13. Is a root software RAID possible on the Alpha ?