kernel profiling

Post by Hui_N.. » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:40:13

hi,

I am trying to do kernel profile using kernprof with the patch provided by
SGI on 2.4.18. I can't find the 2.95.3 gcc patch that must be used to
compile the kernel( the info on sgi's web site somehow is broken).  Does
anybody know where the patch is ? or any alternative I can use, like
a more stable gcc version without the need for a patch?

thanks for your help

hui

-

kernel profiling

Post by Hanna Linde » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:10:11

Quote:

> hi,

> I am trying to do kernel profile using kernprof with the patch provided by
> SGI on 2.4.18. I can't find the 2.95.3 gcc patch that must be used to
> compile the kernel( the info on sgi's web site somehow is broken).  Does
> anybody know where the patch is ? or any alternative I can use, like
> a more stable gcc version without the need for a patch?

Hello,

        I found that the default red hat 7.3 compiler (gcc-2.96-110)
did not need the patch and ran kernprof fine.

Hanna

-

1. Kernel profiling

List readers,

Is it possible to use the kernel profiling functionality to do profiling on loadable modules ? If
no, is there any other easy method ?

Regards,
--
  Steffen Persvold   | Scalable Linux Systems |   Try out the world's best

Tel: (+47) 2262 8950 |   Olaf Helsets vei 6   |      - ScaMPI 1.13.8 -
Fax: (+47) 2262 8951 |   N0621 Oslo, NORWAY   | >320MBytes/s and <4uS latency
-

2. RealPlayer cannot open audio device...

3. Question:kernel profiling and readprofile

4. extract audio from mpeg?

5. Kernprof kernel profiling in NMI mode

6. KPPP on KDE 2.1 locks frequently?

7. Kernel Profiling - How?

8. 7133 SSA Drives

9. The implementation of kernel profiling

10. Solaris kernel profiling (kgmon)

11. Kernel Profiling: How to do it?

12. kernel profiling

13. Kernel profiling