1. Nightly regression runs against current bk tree
Our team would like to assist the community in quickly identifying
patches that provide
performance improvements or regressions in the 2.5 kernel tree. The way
to do this
will be to run a nightly regression test suite against the current bk
tree, and then compare
the results against the previous night's results, showing the
also comparing against the 2.5 point release.
We have dedicated a machine and thrown together some scripts that will grab
and build the latest kernel files, execute the regression suite,
enough system state information to allow meaningful analysis of any peculiar
Here are links to the current regression results obtained:
2.5.70 vs 2.5.70-bk1:
2.5.70 vs 2.5.70-bk2:
2.5.70-bk1 vs 2.5.70-bk2
The regression suite executes in about 7.5 hours currently. We would
like to keep
the execution time below 12 hours, so when a problem is encountered, we
time to recover without falling behind on the daily snapshots. We have
to strike a balance between test execution time and test coverage. Work
ongoing in the area to provide the best balance and maintain repeatability.
Currently the regression suite operates on the 2.5 kernel bk tree. We do
adding another machine that will perform similiar regression comparisons
-mm and -mjb patches.
Please bear in mind this is work in progress and there might be a few
However, with your input, we feel it can provide a useful function.
Please do not
hesitate to provide feedback or suggestions on improvements including
IBM Linux performance team
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
2. FYLR: comp.aq?
3. Nightly regression run results
4. exporting kab files
5. bad: schedule() with irqs disabled! - current bk tree
6. The MMDF Frequently Asked Questions List (FAQ)
7. fix UP links - current bk tree
8. DataChannel RIO gets some Sun (Solaris)
9. PANIC caused by dequeue_signal() in current Linus BK tree
10. pfn-Functionset out of order for sparc64 in current Bk tree?
11. IDE from current bk tree, UDMA and two channels...
12. fix current BK tree compilation with devfs enabled
13. BUG: Current 2.5-BK tree dies on boot!