Building linux kernel 2.4.0 for MIPS.

Post by Nazim Kha » Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:20:03

Hi,

Can I build the linux kernel 2.4.0 for MIPS(R3000) processor.
I have cross compiler and binutils intstalled on my host m/c (x86).

Will it compile ?
Do I need to do any extra patche for MIPS ?
Does the built image work ?

Any input or suggestion are welcome.

</// Pls reply to me personally as I am not the member of this mailing list.
///>

Thanks and regards,
Nazim

-

Post by Ralf Baechl » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 01:30:06

> Can I build the linux kernel 2.4.0 for MIPS(R3000) processor.
> I have cross compiler and binutils intstalled on my host m/c (x86).

> Will it compile ?
> Do I need to do any extra patche for MIPS ?

Get the kernel via anonymous CVS from oss.sgi.com, see HOWTO at
http://oss.sgi.com/mips/mips-howto.html.  Stock kernel from ftp.kernel.org
will not compile.

Quote:> Does the built image work ?

Depends on your platform ...