disk quota + 2.4.3 and higher -- OOPS

Post by Zakhar Kirpichenk » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:00:13

        Hello over there.

        Sorry for offtopic (may be), but disk quotas don't work on Red Hat
Linux 7.1 and kernels 2.2.x and 2.4.x. Quota tools installed from RPM
package provided in standard RH distribution: quota-3.00-4, 2.4.2-2 kernel
sources taken from the dist too. Other kernel versions support quota
partially: repquota gives some quota statistics, but the kernel doesn't
update quota data until 'quotacheck' is run manually. Disk quotas don't
work too - even when repquota shows some limits, 'quota' doesn't and any
user can write to the fs inspite of the disk limits.

        Please, help if you have any ideas.

-

disk quota + 2.4.3 and higher -- OOPS

Post by Alan Co » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 01:10:13

Quote:>    Sorry for offtopic (may be), but disk quotas don't work on Red Hat
> Linux 7.1 and kernels 2.2.x and 2.4.x. Quota tools installed from RPM
> package provided in standard RH distribution: quota-3.00-4, 2.4.2-2 kernel
> sources taken from the dist too. Other kernel versions support quota

Umm. I must be imagining the quotas that work on my test box.

The RH 7.1 quota tools assume you are running the updated quota code (needed
for 32bit user ids - the standard kernel tree code is just a dead loss in
the real world). Quota support is only available in some file systems too,
so MSDOS file systems for example do not support quota.

Alan
-

1. file format of 'quotas' (Solaris disk quota system)?

I need help.

     What is the format of 'quotas' used to turn on the quota system. I read
the man page on 'quotaon', it says one needs to have a file named 'quotas' on
the root directory, refer 'edquota' for more detail. When I read 'edquota', it
refers back to 'quotaon' for detail. ---> <----!!

     Any one please provide the format of the file 'quotas'? Please email
if possible.

     Thank you very much.
--
++ Xiannong Meng            Department of Computer Science  ++
++ Assistant Professor      The University of Texas -- Pan American         ++

2. enscript utility for Sorlais 2.5.1

3. Quotas : Format of quota.users & quota.groups ?

4. Solaris 10 installation Problem

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. Bash Mail List?

7. Oops: Quota race in 2.4.12?

8. Man page problem

9. tranfering boot/root disk to higher capacity format

10. Quotas on Solaris vs quotas on Linux

11. user quotas and printer usage quotas on NT domain

12. quota: format of quota.user

13. QUOTA - Crashes whenever someone goes over quota