2.4.19-rc1 sending SIGALRM to exec'd process

2.4.19-rc1 sending SIGALRM to exec'd process

Post by Paul Larso » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 01:50:08

2.4.19-rc1 seems to be having trouble sending a SIGALRM process that
have been exec'd on one of my test boxes.  From the Linux Test Project,
alarm04 test:

sig_rev     1  FAIL  :  alarm() fails to send SIGALRM to execed
                                  process

Also, the gettimeofday02 test fails when execed from the test driver,
but not when you run it alone.  This test also sends a SIGALRM to know
when it's done.

Machine is a PIII-600

Thanks,
Paul Larson

-

Post by Marcelo Tosatt » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 07:30:15

> > 2.4.19-rc1 seems to be having trouble sending a SIGALRM process that
> > have been exec'd on one of my test boxes.  From the Linux Test Project,
> > alarm04 test:

> > sig_rev     1  FAIL  :  alarm() fails to send SIGALRM to execed
> >                                   process

> > Also, the gettimeofday02 test fails when execed from the test driver,
> > but not when you run it alone.  This test also sends a SIGALRM to know
> > when it's done.
> Nevermind, I think this can safely be ignored.  I can reliably reproduce
> it on this one machine, but not on anything else and I suspect that
> there may be a preexisting condition with the machine that is having
> problems.  I borrowed it in a pinch to get the testing done while I was
> rebuilding my regular test box.  My regular test box is rebuilt now, so
> I'll rerun on that one.

Ho hum, OK.

One more thing: Does 2.4.18 fails the test on _that_ box ?

-