Orinoco pcmcia fails in 2.5.47, OK in 2.5.43

Orinoco pcmcia fails in 2.5.47, OK in 2.5.43

Post by Ian G Batte » Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:30:10



Booting 2.5.47 on a Fujitsu B110 laptop, 233 Pentium MMX, Yenta
interface, I get this trace below.  It worked correctly under 2.5.43.
I'm compiling 2.5.47 to get the latest IRDA bits.

ian

Nov 18 19:03:02 lifebook cardmgr[506]: shutting down socket 0
Nov 18 19:03:02 lifebook cardmgr[506]: executing: 'modprobe -r orinoco_cs'
Nov 18 19:03:02 lifebook cardmgr[506]: executing: 'modprobe -r orinoco'
Nov 18 19:03:02 lifebook cardmgr[506]: executing: 'modprobe -r hermes'
Nov 18 19:03:02 lifebook kernel: bad: scheduling while atomic!
Nov 18 19:03:02 lifebook kernel: Call Trace: [<c0114f9e>]  [<c0120e2f>]  [<c0120da0>]  [<c0203894>]  [<c0205b6b>]  [<c02076ec>]  [<c017a580>]  [<c016ce6c>]  [<c016cecd>]  [<c01714e8>]  [<c017154e>]  [<c0179f7e>]  [<c01718c1>]  [<c014177b>]  [<c0179f16>]  [<c014177b>]  [<c0179f16>]  [<c0142ac4>]  [<c0179f7e>]  [<c01718c1>]  [<c017f9db>]  [<c0171854>]  [<c0171865>]  [<c0115370>]  [<c017a983>]  [<c016e0c2>]  [<c0176763>]  [<c0155032>]  [<c015608e>]  [<c0154806>]  [<c014acbd>]  [<c015372c>]  [<c015372c>]  [<c014ada0>]  [<c014d10b>]  [<c014f3a7>]  [<c013f8f6>]  [<c0108d47>]
Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: initializing socket 0
Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: socket 0: NETGEAR MA401 Wireless PC
Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: executing: 'modprobe hermes'
Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: + modprobe: Can't locate module hermes
Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: modprobe exited with status 255
Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: module /lib/modules/2.5.47/pcmcia/hermes.o not available
Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: executing: 'modprobe orinoco'
Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: + modprobe: Can't locate module orinoco
Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: modprobe exited with status 255
Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: module /lib/modules/2.5.47/pcmcia/orinoco.o not available
Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: executing: 'modprobe orinoco_cs'
Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: + modprobe: Can't locate module orinoco_cs
Nov 18 19:03:07 lifebook cardmgr[506]: modprobe exited with status 255
Nov 18 19:03:07 lifebook cardmgr[506]: module /lib/modules/2.5.47/pcmcia/orinoco_cs.o not available
Nov 18 19:03:08 lifebook cardmgr[506]: get dev info on socket 0 failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in

More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/

 
 
 

Orinoco pcmcia fails in 2.5.47, OK in 2.5.43

Post by Jean Tourrilhe » Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:20:07


Ian G Batten wrote :

Quote:> Booting 2.5.47 on a Fujitsu B110 laptop, 233 Pentium MMX, Yenta
> interface, I get this trace below.  It worked correctly under 2.5.43.

> Nov 18 19:03:02 lifebook cardmgr[506]: shutting down socket 0
> Nov 18 19:03:02 lifebook cardmgr[506]: executing: 'modprobe -r orinoco_cs'
> Nov 18 19:03:02 lifebook cardmgr[506]: executing: 'modprobe -r orinoco'
> Nov 18 19:03:02 lifebook cardmgr[506]: executing: 'modprobe -r hermes'
> Nov 18 19:03:02 lifebook kernel: bad: scheduling while atomic!
> Nov 18 19:03:02 lifebook kernel: Call Trace: [<c0114f9e>]  [<c0120e2f>]  [<c0120da0>]
> [<c0203894>]  [<c0205b6b>]  [<c02076ec>]  [<c017a580>]  [<c016ce6c>]  [<c016cecd>]
> [<c01714e8>]  [<c017154e>]  [<c0179f7e>]  [<c01718c1>]  [<c014177b>]  [<c0179f16>]
> [<c014177b>]  [<c0179f16>]  [<c0142ac4>]  [<c0179f7e>]  [<c01718c1>]  [<c017f9db>]
> [<c0171854>]  [<c0171865>]  [<c0115370>]  [<c017a983>]  [<c016e0c2>]  [<c0176763>]
> [<c0155032>]  [<c015608e>]  [<c0154806>]  [<c014acbd>]  [<c015372c>]  [<c015372c>]
> [<c014ada0>]  [<c014d10b>]  [<c014f3a7>]  [<c013f8f6>]  [<c0108d47>]
> Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: initializing socket 0
> Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: socket 0: NETGEAR MA401 Wireless PC
> Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: executing: 'modprobe hermes'
> Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: + modprobe: Can't locate module hermes
> Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: modprobe exited with status 255
> Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: module /lib/modules/2.5.47/pcmcia/hermes.o not available
> Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: executing: 'modprobe orinoco'
> Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: + modprobe: Can't locate module orinoco
> Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: modprobe exited with status 255
> Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: module /lib/modules/2.5.47/pcmcia/orinoco.o not available
> Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: executing: 'modprobe orinoco_cs'
> Nov 18 19:03:06 lifebook cardmgr[506]: + modprobe: Can't locate module orinoco_cs
> Nov 18 19:03:07 lifebook cardmgr[506]: modprobe exited with status 255
> Nov 18 19:03:07 lifebook cardmgr[506]: module /lib/modules/2.5.47/pcmcia/orinoco_cs.o not available
> Nov 18 19:03:08 lifebook cardmgr[506]: get dev info on socket 0 failed: Resource temporarily unavailable  -

        David Gibson is the maintainer of Orinoco.
        But, to be fair, it looks like a module issue or generic
Pcmcia issue because the modules fails even before beeing loaded, so
it's hard to blame the modules. I don't know who is the *real*
maintainer of Pcmcia in 2.5.X, and for modules issues just look around
on LKML.
        Note that with 2.5.X, it's normal for the "insmod" of Pcmcia
modules to fail, but "modprobe" should pick properly the modules where
they are. Make sure the modules exist in /lib/modules/...

Quote:> I'm compiling 2.5.47 to get the latest IRDA bits.

        The individual patches are available on my web page, so you
can upgrade your older kernel.

Quote:> ian

        Good luck...

        Jean
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in

More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/

 
 
 

1. 2.5.47 / pcmcia xircom eth oops

I have a dual eth+ser 16bit xircom card. it's detected ok and ttyS15 and
eth1 are created by the kernel just fine. On ejection though I get an
oops:

Badness in put_device at drivers/base/core.c:211
Call Trace:
 [<c022e8a8>] put_device+0x9c/0xbc
 [<c01e80e6>] pci_remove_device+0xe/0x38
 [<c02850d7>] cb_free+0x27/0x5c
 [<c028258a>] shutdown_socket+0x76/0xe0
 [<c02828b5>] do_shutdown+0x5d/0x64
 [<c02828f6>] parse_events+0x3a/0xd8
 [<c028705e>] yenta_bh+0x3e/0x44
 [<c0127cb1>] worker_thread+0x1e9/0x2cc
 [<c0127ac8>] worker_thread+0x0/0x2cc
 [<c0287020>] yenta_bh+0x0/0x44
 [<c0117a30>] default_wake_function+0x0/0x34
 [<c0117a30>] default_wake_function+0x0/0x34
 [<c0106e59>] kernel_thread_helper+0x5/0xc

Badness in put_device at drivers/base/core.c:211
Call Trace:
 [<c022e8a8>] put_device+0x9c/0xbc
 [<c01e80e6>] pci_remove_device+0xe/0x38
 [<c02850d7>] cb_free+0x27/0x5c
 [<c028258a>] shutdown_socket+0x76/0xe0
 [<c02828b5>] do_shutdown+0x5d/0x64
 [<c02828f6>] parse_events+0x3a/0xd8
 [<c028705e>] yenta_bh+0x3e/0x44
 [<c0127cb1>] worker_thread+0x1e9/0x2cc
 [<c0127ac8>] worker_thread+0x0/0x2cc
 [<c0287020>] yenta_bh+0x0/0x44
 [<c0117a30>] default_wake_function+0x0/0x34
 [<c0117a30>] default_wake_function+0x0/0x34
 [<c0106e59>] kernel_thread_helper+0x5/0xc

cs: cb_free(bus 2)

this is with the new tulip xircom driver. I received no oopses when I
wasn't using the xircom eth drivers. the eth1 interface was not defined
at the time.

if you need more info, holler.

--
        All people are equal,
        But some are more equal then others.
            - George W. Bush Jr, President of the United States
              September 21, 2002 (Abridged version of security speech)
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in

More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/

2. Increase Traffic...Post Free Links

3. Oopsen with pcmcia aironet wireless (2.5.47)

4. Netscape problems

5. 2.5.47-ac6 PCMCIA network modules

6. Problems w/ setting up a Linux DMZ Server behind a Linksys Router

7. 2.5.47 - PCMCIA ethernet and wireless ethernet bugs

8. cannot use ksh

9. 2.5.47: make modules_install fails

10. 2.5.47-ac1 fails linking

11. 2.5.47: Fix e100 driver bug on STL2 motherboard -- 'e100: hw init failed'

12. 2.5.47 - Assertion failed in fs/jbd/journal.c:415

13. i2o_lan modules fails to build in 2.5.47