Dual Athlon XP 1800+ on Tyan Thunder K7 or Tiger MP anyone?

Dual Athlon XP 1800+ on Tyan Thunder K7 or Tiger MP anyone?

Post by <n.. » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 04:30:18

Erm, ???  Try www.crucial.com.  It's not quite as cheap as pc133, but it's
real close.  Where are you buying?
        Nick

> >Completely Agreed.  I am thinking of getting a dual AMD system for doing
> >more kernel work (tackle AMD and SMP).  My main machine is a P3 now.

> The issue right now may be RAM cost. I just bought 512MB PC133 for
> $140/GB, while "registered PC2100" memory is about $900 from the same
> source. I think that's what the Tiger wants, isn't it?

> --

>  "If I were a diplomat, in the best case I'd go hungry.  In the worst
>   case, people would die."
>            -- Robert Lipe
> -

-

1. Problems installing Linux on a Tyan Tiger Dual Ahtlon XP 1800+

Hi,
This morning, I have tried to install the following distros on the
above mentioned box, with the following results
*Redhat 7.2: freezes at boot time, with "kernel panic"
*Mandrake 8.1: same result.
*Redhat 7.1: boots installation kernel from CD, but then can't detect
the CD for installing RPMs.

I have heard there are some solutions for this; but is there a distro
which I can install out-of-the box? Is there any other solution?

Thanks!

2. cdrecord 1.11a05/cant create audio cd

3. Dual Athlon 1800 MP / Tyan problems

4. Need help on format command

5. Tyan Thunder K7 & 2 1.2Ghz Athlon MPs

6. PPP spawns multiple ip-up processes

7. Dual athlon XP 1800 problems

8. free solaris licenses; benchmark restriction

9. hard lockup on modprobe w83781d with Tyan Dual K7/Thunder

10. Solaris x86 on dual Athlon -- works with Tiger MP

11. Tyan Tiger MP (S2460) anyone have it yet?

12. 2.4.19, Tyan Tiger, Dual Athlon, diskless nodes, rootnfs and fsck.ext2 problems