Which is currently the most stable 2.4 kernel? (PPP)

Which is currently the most stable 2.4 kernel? (PPP)

Post by Till Immanuel Patzschk » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 00:40:11

Hi,

2.4.10 + the ppp patch works fine on UP - if you need the SMP you can hack/patch
socket.c to "make" PPP SMP safe (the patch below works perfectly well for me on
a 2 CPU P-III system for 6 days now -- no lockups, no crashes - and I'm loading
the system constantly w/ up to 4000 PPPoX sessions, starting stopping etc... -
NO PROBLEM.)

Please keep in mind - the folling is a HACK!

Cheers,

Immanuel

--- net/socket.c~       Tue Aug 28 19:56:06 2001

        struct socket *sock;
        int err;

-       unlock_kernel();
+       //unlock_kernel();
        sock = socki_lookup(inode);
        err = sock->ops->ioctl(sock, cmd, arg);
-       lock_kernel();
+       //lock_kernel();

        return err;
 }

-

1. Which is currently the most stable 2.4 kernel?

Hi,

The UP server does the PPPoE, so that's OK. Has anyone
torture-tested any of the recent kernels? For
instance, I subsequently read a posting from Alan Cox
saying that 2.4.10 didn't survive overnight for him,
implying that he occasionally roasts penguins in some
kind of server-dungeon...

Cheers,
Chris

2. Anybody heard of "Microproject" 3B2-compatible computers?

3. 2.4 kernel 2.4 ppp cannot connect

4. Solaris X86 & Cyrix CPU

5. Any stable 2.4 kernel?

6. route & kernel 1.0

7. Stable 2.4 kernel source recommendation

8. problem with installing SCSI Future Domain 1680 + Toshiba 1.2G

9. "Stable" 2.4.X Linux Kernels

10. Most stable 2.4 kernel

11. Problem with networking - I am using RedHat 9 Linux kernel 2.4

12. How can I find out what version of Apache I am currently running?

13. how find out what shell i am currently on