Lexmark USB problem solved ;)

Post by Dervish » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 00:50:08

    Hi all :))

    The problem of my last message was caused due the factory
defaults of my printer. The matter is that the USB port was disabled
by default, although the setup page didn't say so and although the
printer was detected thru that port.

    Even if the USB is functioning in the printer, it won't accept
data thru the USB port unless it is explicitly enabled thru the
configuration menu (a kind of nightmare...).

    If anyone has the same problem with the Lexmark Optra E312, I can
help about how to enable that port.

    Excuses from my last post O:))

    Ral
-

1. POP3 client problem solved (-ERR being read already <path to user mailbox>)

The version of in.pop3d that is shipped with
Slackware 3.3 expects to have a work directory
/var/tmp/.pop. When that directory does not
exist, users will be told that their mailbox is
already being read when they try to access it
via the POP3 server. The directory permissions
should be thus:

drwxrwxrwt   2 root     root         1024 Jul 26 00:33 .pop/

Enjoy.

trane
--
//---------------------------------------------------------

//  Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

2. Error at link time

3. How I solved my LILO problem ( 'LI then hangs')

4. Compiling 32 bit code in aix5.1

5. Problem reading from pipe ("|") using read() -- Solved

6. PPTP: no proper LCP negotiation?

7. 2.5.69bk15 usb problem solved

8. Kernel / glibc Upgrading

9. PROBLEM: USB mouse does not apear in /dev/input (solved)

10. Lexmark Z52, USB, possible?

11. USB printer lexmark x83.

12. Lexmark Z42 USB Printer

13. printing over USB with lexmark x83