udp-broadcast

Post by Ingo Oese » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:40:07

> Moin!

>   ret = setsockopt(my_socket, IPPROTO_UDP, SO_BROADCAST, (void *)&flag,
> sizeof(flag) );

Try setsockopt(tx_socket,SOL_SOCKET,SO_BROADCAST,..).

And use an actual broadcast-address as sender.

HTH & Regards

Ingo Oeser
--
Use ReiserFS to get a faster fsck and Ext2 to fsck slowly and gently.
-

1. How can I send an UDP-Broadcast?

Hello!

How can I send an udp-Broadcast to a subnet?
My purpose is that my Linux-machine can notify all Clients when it goes
online/offline.

How can I send a winpopup-Message to all Windows clients? The only
possibilty I found is to send a winpopup-message via smbclient and the
NetBIOS name.

cu Ralf

--
Warning!
In order to confuse and obfuscate the public, we utilize substantial

The above text was generated by Ralf Siedow
http://www.siedow.de

2. Socks v5 in netscape proxy server

3. udp broadcast forwarding

4. kernel problem ..... help!!!!

5. UDP broadcast server-client example.

6. add context menu item

7. code needed for UDP broadcast

8. Problem with HDD performance on openbrick-E/lex light system

9. UDP Broadcasts Doesn't ?????

10. UDP broadcasting & multiple interfaces

11. UDP Broadcasting

12. UDP broadcast

13. udp broadcasting over ppp interface