1. 2.4: updated preemptive kernel patch
It has been awhile since a post since I have been concentrating on
preempt-kernel in 2.5, however 2.4 preempt-kernel work is not stopping.
Patches for 2.4.18, 2.4.19-pre2, and 2.4.19-pre2-ac2 are available at:
please use a mirror. Patches for earlier kernel releases are available,
too, but may not be in sync with this release. Users of Ingo's O(1)
scheduler are encouraged to use Alan's tree as it has O(1) merged.
Older 2.5 patches are available as well, but preempt-kernel was merged
as of 2.5.4-pre6.
Also available are updated preempt-stats patches (tool for determining
length and cause of preempt-off periods):
for 2.4.18, 2.4.19-pre2, and 2.5.5.
ChangeLog for preempt-kernel:
- fix the preempt_count for non-CPU0 idle (George Anzinger)
- (2.5 only) merge i386 codebase into official (me, Linus)
- (2.5 only) remove /proc/<pid>/stat code (me)
- (2.5 only) cleanup entry.S (Linus)
- (2.5 only) remove dependencies on sched.h (Linus)
- (2.5 only) use current_thread_info()-> not (Linus)
- (2.5 only) use new thread_info struct not the (me)
task_struct for preempt_count
- barrier in preempt_schedule to enforce (George Anzinger)
proper ordering to ensure no missed
ChangeLog for preempt-stats:
- make preempt-stats report meaningful stats (Todd Poynor)
- fix overflow with large latency values on (Todd Poynor)
high clock-rate CPUs
- accidently removed preempt_schedule export (Willy Tarreau)
- properly export statistics functions (Willy Tarreau)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
3. updated preemptive-kernel patches for 2.4
4. /dev/dsp: Operation not supported by device
5. updated preemptive kernel for 2.4-ac
6. What is /dev/hp0a?
7. PATCH: header update for arcnet updates (again to match 2.4)
8. Converting legacy documents
9. Are Linux 2.4.x and 2.5.x kernels "fully" pre-emptive?
10. Trouble with update Preemptive patch for 2.4.9-ac9
11. update: preemptive kernel for O(1) sched
12. updated preemptive kernel for 2.4.21
13. Patch to update ymfpci in 2.4 from 2.5