FWD: Re: ps2 mouse remapping keyboard

Post by Justin Hibbit » Mon, 25 Nov 2002 00:30:07

Ok, I'm an idiot for not CC'ing to the lkml, so here's my reply to Randy.

Thanks,

Justin

Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:18:41 -0500

Subject: Re: ps2 mouse remapping keyboard

> | I'm not subscribed right now, but I have a major problem.  For some reason,
> | sometimes when I startup either gpm or X, my keyboard gets remapped, so that
> | several of the keys return keycode 0x70 or 0x71, while others return 0x56, and
> | the rest return extended e0/e1 keycodes.  I'm unsure why this happens.  It
> | started happening when I installed dri drivers off dri.sf.net, but even after
> | removing those drivers, deleting the kernel source tree, and starting from
> | scratch, it still happens.  I'm at a loss, so if someone can shed some light on
> | this, I'd be grateful.
> | this happens sporadically, so not exactly sure what the problem is.  Hopefully
> | this won't happen when I get a USB mouse/keyboard for christmas :) /me crosses
> | fingers.

> No idea, but you seem to think that it's software, but
> could it be a cable problem?

> BTW, the main reason that I'm replying is that you gave no clues
> about what versions of software you are using.

> --
> ~Randy

I apologize for forgetting to give you the details.  I thought I had, but, oh
well...here they are (if you need more, just tell me).

I'm using gpm 1.20.0, and X 4.2.0 (earliest X that supports radeon 8500).  I'm
using kernel 2.4.18, and it also happens w/ kernel 2.4.19.  If you want me to
give you my .config file for the kernel, I can.

As for the hardware side, I have a microsoft intellimouse ps2, which worked for
about 15 months, and still does work sometimes, and I've also tried with a
microsoft trackball which is known good.  My motherboard is Asus A7V266-E, but
I'm not using RAID, and I have a KeyTronic keyboard, and the proc is
AthlonXP1800+, w/ 512MB RAM.  Dunno how much this helps you, but I hope at
least a little.

Thanks,
Justin Hibbits

--
Registered Linux user 260206

"One World, One Web, One Program"
        - Microsoft Promo Ad
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer"
        - Adolf Hitler

I'm not paranoid.  They really *are* out to get me!

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Registered Linux user 260206

"One World, One Web, One Program"
        - Microsoft Promo Ad
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer"
        - Adolf Hitler

I'm not paranoid.  They really *are* out to get me!

-

1. ps2 mouse remapping keyboard

Hey guys,

I'm not subscribed right now, but I have a major problem.  For some reason,
sometimes when I startup either gpm or X, my keyboard gets remapped, so that
several of the keys return keycode 0x70 or 0x71, while others return 0x56, and
the rest return extended e0/e1 keycodes.  I'm unsure why this happens.  It
started happening when I installed dri drivers off dri.sf.net, but even after
removing those drivers, deleting the kernel source tree, and starting from
scratch, it still happens.  I'm at a loss, so if someone can shed some light on
this, I'd be grateful.
this happens sporadically, so not exactly sure what the problem is.  Hopefully
this won't happen when I get a USB mouse/keyboard for christmas :) /me crosses
fingers.

Thanks in advance,

Justin Hibbits

--
Registered Linux user 260206

"One World, One Web, One Program"
        - Microsoft Promo Ad
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer"
        - Adolf Hitler

I'm not paranoid.  They really *are* out to get me!

-

2. MS Keyboard?

3. Problems with a USB keyboard and a PS2 mouse chained to the keyboard

4. how to install type1 fonts?

5. ps2/ new data for mouse protocol (fwd msg attached)

6. Amateur radio AX.25 protocol with linux?

7. 2.1.7 -- PS2 mouse/keyboard hangs

8. Wabi on FreeBSD

9. 2port KVM Switch Keyboard/Video/Mouse PS2 In USB Out

10. PS2 Mouse and keyboard = lockup :(

11. PS2 mouse and keyboard problems...

12. nonfeature of X: no mouse simulation via keyboard (fwd)

13. HELP : PS2 mouse - HP Vectra VL series 3 5/90 mouse wont work.