Kernel panic, "Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

Kernel panic, "Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

Post by Daniel Mund » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 18:20:08

Lately I have had my box freeze up just after connecting, although it
doesn't happen every time.. I am not sure exactly what the factors are
that make it crash.

When I was having the freezes yesterday I watched syslog from a terminal
and wrote down some of the output on paper (I did a search in my syslog
file just now and it I don't have any of this... maybe because the data
was still in cache and didn't get written to disk?):

--
PPP BSD Compresseion module registered
PPP Deflate Compression module registered

...this is where I stopped writing, was further debugging messages. They
would have been no use to me but at the time I wasn't considering
writing to this list, now I am thinking maybe they would have been
useful... I got a bit more of the messages though:

--
Code: Bad EIP value.
<0>Kernel panicL Aiee, killing interrupt handler!

I also noticed a weird startup message, although I have no idea whether
this is related:

One other message I see in syslog a few times, and also am not sure
whether it is related:

--
pppd[357]: Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP
--

Has anyone had similar problems? I asked around a bit on IRC and I was
recommended to try asking on this list.

Regards,
Daniel Mundy
-

1. kernel panic "killing interrupt handler" and kernel BUG at sched.c:468

Hi everyone,

And then after approximately 1.5 hours on 2.4.19-xfs (XFS CVS snapshot
20020930 patched only with Randy Dunlap's sys-magic 20020314, built
using gcc 2.95.4 running Debian GNU/Linux).

Now in the process running syslogd. Attached kernel-panic-3.out is the
oops.

I did this, as well, and hit a kernel BUG at sched.c:566. My sched.c is
now exactly the same as the one in the XFS tree (which I think is the
same as the one in vanilla 2.4.19). Oops is attached as
kernel-bug-2.out.

System has been up for two hours so far and is thankfully alive. I hope
someone can point me to what the probably cause of this problem is. I
did an xfs_check -- which is from the latest 2.3.1 package -- and all my
XFS partitions are okay. I will be looking for a memory scanning tool
shortly to make sure I don't suddenly have bad RAM, although the problem
doesn't seem to be that.

Thanks again to everyone for your time.

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III   :  http://jijo.free.net.ph
Network Administrator  :  The Leather Collection, Inc.

  kernel-panic-3.out
2K Download

  kernel-bug-2.out
3K Download

2. Some odd problems (NFS, bootparamd)

3. aiee, killed interrupt handler - kernel panic

4. mozilla.party reminder -- 1-april-1999!

5. Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!

6. Welcome2L - XMAS Special Edition

7. Kernel panic:Aiee killing interrupt handler

8. Does Anyone know How to DO this?

9. 2.4.5 Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!

10. RH7.1 Install -->Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!

11. SMP aic7xxx 2.4.3 boot panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler

12. <0>Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interupt handler!

13. aiee, killing interrupt handler