Nightly regression run results

Post by Mark Peloqui » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 18:40:09

Here are links to some 2.5.70 nightly regression comparisons:

Each -bk snapshot compared to the base:

http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...

Each -bk snapshot compared to the previous:

http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...

Each -mm patch compared to the base:

http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...

Each -mm patch compared to the previous:

http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...

Each -mjb patch compared to the base:

http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...

Mark

-

Post by Steven Prat » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 20:50:09

http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/linuxperf/regression/2.5.70...

This shows a significant (20%) degrade for SpecSDET in the mm1 tree.
The degrade carries forward in the mm2 and mm3 trees.    I see lots more
calls to page_remove_rmap and page_add_rmap in the profile for mm1.  Not
sure if this is the issue, but probably needs to be looked at.

Steve

-

Post by Nick Piggi » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 03:50:06

> Here are links to some 2.5.70 nightly regression comparisons:

It appears your tiobench reads are coming out of cache.
Would you be able add some runs with the size >= 2*ram
please? I don't know if anyone would still find the
current type useful - maybe for scalability work?

Thanks
Nick

-

Nightly regression run results

Post by Mark Peloqui » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 00:50:09

Hi Nick,

Yes, the read tests do currently run primarily out of cache. This does
have some value for measuring the relative overhead of the i/o apis. To
avoid cache effects, and measure the real throughput, we need to bump
the size up and, as you suggest, size*2 is a good value to use. We've
tried to keep the overall test suite time down by maintaining shorter
runs whereever possible. So rather than increasing to run size by 2, we
will reduce the memory used, at boot, then use runs of newsmallsize*2.
This will keep the runs from taking too long and also avoid the cache
benefits. We will have to tweak this to come up with the appropriate
balance of memsize vs run time. This should be available in a few days.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mark

>> Here are links to some 2.5.70 nightly regression comparisons:

> It appears your tiobench reads are coming out of cache.
> Would you be able add some runs with the size >= 2*ram
> please? I don't know if anyone would still find the
> current type useful - maybe for scalability work?

> Thanks
> Nick

-

1. Nightly regression runs against current bk tree

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, I'm unsubscribed for the moment until my
email provider can get exim/procmail talking nicely.

LTP has had a mailing list for a long time that is explicitly for the
purpose of posting results.  It's currently underutilized so I'd love to
see more results getting posted there again.  Please consider using that
one for posting results of all types (LTP and non-ltp)

Thanks,
Paul Larson

-

2. Change of shell interpreter

3. Uhrzeit von NT Rechner beziehen

4. 2.5.73, -bk1, -bk2, -mm1 regression results]

5. dip3.3.7 set_speed 57.6K=38.4K

6. mm4, mm5, bk10 regression results

7. 2.4.19rc3aa1

8. 2.5.73-bk3, -bk4, -mjb1 regression test results

9. bk11-14, mm6 regression results

10. 2.5.73-bk6, -bk7, -bk8, -mm2 regression test results

11. 2.5.73-bk5 regression test results

12. bk15, mm7 regression results