(RFC)Supermount 2

Post by Matthew D. Pitt » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 06:00:16

Fellow Linux Hackers.

I am starting to plan a new version of Supermount. I have some things I want
to try out in it, and I will list them in this message. I am willing to
accept any and all input on what I am wanting to call Supermount 2.

Planned features of Supermount 2:

1) Auto-detection of filesystem type.

2) Supermount modules for each filesystem type.

3) Built-in support for packet-writing. ( i.e. insert packet-writing
formatted disk and it loads appropriate kernel modules. )

There may be other features added if there is an interest in them. I will
need assistance with the packet-writing support. I am only planning to do
this for the 2.5.x and later kernels, so if anyone else wishes to back-port
it to an older kerenl series, by all means do so. I have wanted to make some
kind of contribution to this project for some time and I feel that this is
something that will be useful.

I am going to be making my prelminary code available to whomever wishes to
see it once I get my Linux box back up.

Matthew D. Pitts

-

1. (RFC) Supermount 2

Meaning we will finally have CD-tracks visualized as WAV files? like CD-fs
does? Same goes for multisession disks.
How is this on performance (first check for fs type than loading module?
than disk is removed, unloading module and loading another one?)

What about doing it in userspace? I remember seeing Alan Cox writing he
had a proof of concept of something like this on some ftp server (sorry,
cannot remember where).

sure

Danny

-

2. iptables- FORWARD & PREROUTING / POSTROUTING

3. How to get RFC ?? fingerd - RFC 742 ??

4. ScriptAlias under Apache?

5. OT: Supermount

6. Newbie needs help with linksys wireless card

7. supermount problems

8. /etc/mount missing - ever seen that?

9. supermount?

10. supermount ?

11. ah ah this supermount kick my mp3's away

12. Supermount: Patch doesn't work

13. supermount and Mandrake kernels >= 2.4.6