ECS k7s5a audio sound SiS 735 - 7012

Post by Andi Klee » Mon, 05 Nov 2001 04:50:09

> > Who to talk to at SiS? They have a dubious web interface for sales and
> > marketing requests that I used, but I'd prefer to email someone who
> > knows what a datasheet actually is ;-)
> > Alsa doesn't advertise any contact with SiS at all :-(

> I've already talked with SiS. They are insisting that they will write the
> drivers themselves, they dont want to release datasheets to anyone. The
> reply I got (Thu, 25 Oct 2001) they said they are working on OSS drivers
> in-house, and ALSA drivers are next.

ALSA drivers seem to work. A standard SuSE 7.2 install with yast2 alsa installer
had no problems with producing sound on a k7s5a.

The sound quality is somewhat poor however; but even with another sound card
this board is cheaper than the alternativesa and works very fast.

-Andi (happy user of a k7s5a with a sblive)
-

ECS k7s5a audio sound SiS 735 - 7012

Post by Alan Co » Mon, 05 Nov 2001 10:10:06

Quote:> ALSA drivers seem to work. A standard SuSE 7.2 install with yast2 alsa installer
> had no problems with producing sound on a k7s5a.

> The sound quality is somewhat poor however; but even with another sound card
> this board is cheaper than the alternativesa and works very fast.

What driver does it install ? - Soundblaster 8bit ?
-

Post by Sim » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 05:27:56

Quote:> ALSA drivers seem to work. A standard SuSE 7.2 install with yast2 alsa
> installer had no problems with producing sound on a k7s5a.

Which module does it reply on?
There is a patch for ALSA support, but it's not in the standard release
and only gives intermittent results.

Sim

1. ECS k7s5a audio sound SiS 735 - 7012

Ok. I do understand the point, now.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I caught the remark as a too general
statement.

May thanks for the efforts maintaining tulip drivers.

Regards,
  Grard.

-

2. 101 questions to do with linux installation!!!

3. How to get working NVidia AGP on ECS K7S5A motherboard (SIS 735)?

4. Installing Apache 1.3.20 to Solaris

5. ECS K7S5A/SIS 735 chipset experience?

6. What the logic to group ownership?

7. SIS 7012 audio and SIS 650 grpahic

8. TACACS Question: User time limits?

9. Asus P4S8X - SiS 7012 audio with C-Media 9739 codec

10. Sis 7012 Audio Driver

11. SiS 7012 sound card not working

12. SiS 7012 sound card wont work

13. Sound record vs RH9/SIS 7012