Kernel panic: Loop 1 (aic7xxx under 2.4.13-ac[246])

Kernel panic: Loop 1 (aic7xxx under 2.4.13-ac[246])

Post by Justin T. Gibb » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:20:14

Quote:>Hello,

>With 2.4.10-ac7 no problems at all, but with 2.4.13-ac[246] (not tested the ot
>her
>ones), compiled either with gcc-2.96 from Mandrake or gcc-3.02 also from Mandr
>ake,
>on the first power on of my computer, ends so:

>scsi0:A:0:0: Tagged Queuing enabled. Depth 64
>scsi1: brkadrint, Scratch or SCB Memory Parity Error at seqaddr = 0x1

I have seen this reported before, but have yet to track it down.
The problem is an access to an uninitialized location in scratch
or SCB ram.  Unfortunately, none of my aic7870 based cards seem
to show the error.  Hopefully my next code review will unveil the
problem.

--
Justin
-

1. aic7xxx freezes with kernel 2.4.13

Hi,

I've got a Dell PowerEdge 1300 with dual PIII's and dual aic7xxx
controllers. One controller is onboard, the other is in a PCI slot.

The system is running Red Hat 7.1 with kernel 2.4.13.

Lately, this system is experiencing freezes that may last one or two
minutes. These usually occur during heavy Samba activity. After the
freeze, the system usually recovers, but by then, the Samba clients
have timed out their operations.

Syslog shows the freezes are related to the SCSI subsystem. I'm having
trouble interpreting this information. Is my hardware suspect or could
this be a driver bug?

Syslog entries (with aic7xxx=verbose) showing the boot process and a
system freeze can be found on

http://www.macroscoop.nl/~pim/aic7xxx/syslog.html (98.080 bytes) or
http://www.macroscoop.nl/~pim/aic7xxx/syslog.gz   (6.410 bytes)

Thanks,
Pim
-

2. FAXSERVER???

3. aic7xxx freezes with kernel 2.4.13 - solved

4. leading zero problem

5. aic7xxx freezes with kernel 2.4.13

6. Magstar 3570 and Sysback/6000

7. 2.4.13 kernel panic

8. Japanese

9. Kernel panic 2.4.13

10. new aic7xxx bug, 2.4.13/6.2.4

11. 2.4.13-pre6 breaks Nvidia's kernel module