Clean up CREDITS a bit.

Post by Patrick Moche » Fri, 01 Nov 2002 02:50:05

This is a little comic relief...

I'm really not one to pick fights (though I am a bastard), and this is
really nothing personal.  But, I happen to run across this a couple of
weeks ago. The entry has absolutely _nothing_ to do with the kernel, and
it's questionable whether or not this person has anything in the kernel
anymore.

        -pat

===== CREDITS 1.65 vs edited =====
--- 1.65/CREDITS        Mon Oct 28 21:14:41 2002

 S: Santa Clara, CA 95052
 S: USA

-N: Eric S. Raymond

-W: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/
-D: terminfo master file maintainer
-D: Editor: Installation HOWTO, Distributions HOWTO, XFree86 HOWTO
-D: Author: fetchmail, Emacs VC mode, Emacs GUD mode
-S: 6 Karen Drive
-S: Malvern, Pennsylvania 19355
-S: USA
-
 N: Stefan Reinauer

 W: http://www.freiburg.linux.de/~stepan/

-

1. pppd 8 bit clean error when the ISP is 8 bit clean

My ISP (Bellatlantic) offers PPP protocol and I can hook up no problem
with Windows 95. But when I try to connect with a chat script via PPPD,
I get a message after PAP authentcation (while it tries to negotiate
communication parameters) saying the recieving serial line is not 8 bit
clean (7 bit is 1). What is going on? Bell Atlantic says the line is 8
bit clean (8N1), yet the PPPD doesn't see it that way. I thought PPPD
sets the serial port to 8N1, de riguer. Do I need to explicitly set the
serial port to 8N1 nbefore I connect?

2. Help extract files from tape

3. Give credit where credit is due.

4. Fetch prpsinfo structure

5. GNU Taking Credit Where No Credit Is Due

6. kde1.1 vs kde1.1.2

7. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

8. adding a second hard drive

9. IPv6: Miscellaneous clean-ups

10. IDE iops clean ups

11. x86 timer clean ups

12. PPP connection fail Reason: ..not 8 bit clean...all had even parit

13. PPP: Not 8 bit clean