_mmx_memcpy

Post by Stein Jakob Nordb » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:51:35

Hi!

Having trouble getting my 2.4.29 kernel loading modules, because they're
missing the symbol _mmx_memcpy. Seems to me that this function is compiled
into the kernel, as arch/i386/lib/lib.a contains mmx.o and grep-ing
System.map tells that the symbol exists. depmod runs perfectly well when
passed the System.map-file from the sources, but once I have rebooted and
try to call it with just '-a', it complains about missing symbols (adding
-e shows that it's only _mmx_memcpy that's missing). It might look as if
I've not managed to load my symbols right, but inspection of
/var/log/messages confirms that the file /boot/System.map-2.4.19 was
loaded (all other kernels on the system are 2.4.18). cat-ing /proc/ksyms
shows the same (symbol exists). Still able to run depmod successfully with
the -F switch, but I can't figure out what I do wrong since it doesn't
find the right symbols automatically.

I haven't compiled too many kernels before, so it's probably something I've
forgotten, but I'd be very glad if someone bothered to answer anyway, as
I'm kind of running out of ideas...

My system is an AMD Athlon running Debian Woody 3.0.

Stein Jakob Nordb?

1. Unresolved symbol _mmx_memcpy

Hola. I use a Vortex2 based soundcard (Diamond Monster MX300) and the
SourceForge drivers. They worked fine with kernel 2.4.9, but when I
tried to use them with 2.4.10, they gave me alot of errors, so I rebuilt
them. After that, when I try to use them it only gives me one error
(unresolved symbol _mmx_memcpy). Sorry I can't give you more detailed
information, but that's all that I have. Thanks for any help.

--
-Chris Johnson

2. multipath question

3. e1000 as module gives unresolved symbol _mmx_memcpy [rescued]

4. How to run ".x" command from tcsh?

5. _mmx_memcpy and module symbol versioning in 2.4.x

6. installing LPP with failed dependencies

7. _mmx_memcpy and modules in 2.4.x

8. sending packet is not working - Building firewall/proxyserver using libpcap

9. Athlon XP 1600+ and _mmx_memcpy symbol in modules

10. 2.4.[01] and duron - unresolved symbol _mmx_memcpy

11. 2.4.1 can't resolve _mmx_memcpy ???

12. e1000 as module gives unresolved symbol _mmx_memcpy

13. PROBLEM: Kernel 2.4.19 does not export _mmx_memcpy when compiled with gcc-3.2 and Athlon optimizations