reiserfs error message at boot-time

Post by Daniel Nofft » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 17:10:10

hi!

i just moved my linux partitition from ext3 to reiserfs.
now my problem:

when i boot, i get this error-message:
reiserfs: Unrecognized mount option errors
reiserfs: Unrecognized mount option errors

i get this message also at shutdown ... and on the next boot, reiserfs
replays the logfile ...

reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 03:02) ...
Warning, log replay starting on readonly filesystem

in /etc/fstab i mount the filesystem with "defaults" ...

where is the problem ?
what do i do wrong ?
hope someone can give me a hint ...

daniel

# Daniel Nofftz
# Sysadmin CIP-Pool Informatik
# University of Trier(Germany), Room V 103

-

reiserfs error message at boot-time

Post by Oleg Droki » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 17:30:18

Hello!

> i just moved my linux partitition from ext3 to reiserfs.
> now my problem:
> when i boot, i get this error-message:
> reiserfs: Unrecognized mount option errors
> reiserfs: Unrecognized mount option errors

Can you show content of your /etc/fstab?
It complains you passed it unrecognised "errors" option.

Bye,
    Oleg
-

Post by Daniel Nofft » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 17:40:09

> Hello!

> > i just moved my linux partitition from ext3 to reiserfs.
> > now my problem:
> > when i boot, i get this error-message:
> > reiserfs: Unrecognized mount option errors
> > reiserfs: Unrecognized mount option errors

> Can you show content of your /etc/fstab?
> It complains you passed it unrecognised "errors" option.

/dev/hda2       /               reiserfs        defaults,errors=remount-ro
0       1

i think it's the "errors=remount-ro" then, or ?

daniel

# Daniel Nofftz
# Sysadmin CIP-Pool Informatik
# University of Trier(Germany), Room V 103

-

reiserfs error message at boot-time

Post by Oleg Droki » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 17:50:08

Hello!

> > > i just moved my linux partitition from ext3 to reiserfs.
> > > now my problem:
> > > when i boot, i get this error-message:
> > > reiserfs: Unrecognized mount option errors
> > > reiserfs: Unrecognized mount option errors
> > Can you show content of your /etc/fstab?
> > It complains you passed it unrecognised "errors" option.
> /dev/hda2       /               reiserfs        defaults,errors=remount-ro
> 0       1
> i think it's the "errors=remount-ro" then, or ?

Exactly.
Get rid of that errors=... option and you'll be fine

Bye,
    Oleg
-

Post by Daniel Nofft » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 18:10:17

> Hello!

> > > Can you show content of your /etc/fstab?
> > > It complains you passed it unrecognised "errors" option.
> > /dev/hda2       /               reiserfs        defaults,errors=remount-ro
> > 0       1
> > i think it's the "errors=remount-ro" then, or ?

> Exactly.
> Get rid of that errors=... option and you'll be fine

thanks ... will test it afap

daniel

# Daniel Nofftz
# Sysadmin CIP-Pool Informatik
# University of Trier(Germany), Room V 103

-

1. Help with error message at boot time.

Does anyone know what is wrong when I'm getting this messages at boot
time??

May 23 23:27:40 thunder syslogd 1.3-3: restart.
May 23 23:27:40 thunder kernel: klogd 1.3-3, log source = /proc/kmsg
started.
May 23 23:27:40 thunder kernel: Error in symbol table input.
May 23 23:27:40 thunder kernel: Cannot find map file.
.
.
.
.
May 23 23:27:43 thunder inetd[228]: bootps/udp: bind: Address already
in use

In which files should I look for the above mentioned errors??

Thanks,
Cesar da Silva

2. broken mmap() implemenation in FreeBSD

3. Some error messages at boot time

4. NIC config. in SuSE 7.1 help

5. Error message at boot time.

6. Debian desktop crew formed!

7. 'SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument' error message at boot time

8. /opt and /usr/local under Solaris...

9. Error message at boot time.

10. Boot time error message

11. NFS Problem - During boot time error messages

12. Fix 2.5.3pre reiserfs BUG() at boot time

13. reiserfs error message