linux crashes when i try to burn audio cd's

linux crashes when i try to burn audio cd's

Post by Michae » Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:10:05

I'm using kernel 2.2.16-22 w/ RedHat 7.0 w/ cdrecord 1.9. I have a P133 w/
64M RAM w/ a Smart & Friendly 2006 Plus SCSI CD-R. It burns data discs
without problem but when I try to burn an audio disc Linux comes to a
complete halt. I can't get any console or network response and no error
messages appear or get logged. I've tried both wav and cdr sound files. In
Windows the audio discs burn without problems.

Thanks.

*^*^*^*

http://www.kavlon.com

-

1. Trying to DEinstall LILO boot loader -- crash 'n' burn

Dear Linux gurus --

I am trying to Deinstall Linux from my HD, and even after wiping
the disk with norton, LILO is haunting me.

I installed LILO in the Master Boot Record, and I cannot rid
myself of it.  I just get LI .... and everything freezes.

I've tried reformatting the HD with DOS, OS/2, and even Norton
WipeDisk, but to no avail.

I'm trying to install OS/2, and I have deleted and redeleted
the entire HD partition table, and started with an entire OS/2
partition, but no luck there either.  7 disks into the installation
it reboots, and the LI haunts me again, as if laughing at my pain.

I would appreciate any help you can offer.  Thanks in advance.

Chris Tyrrell

"While you're talking about it, someone else is already doing it"
--Joe Gibbs, '54

2. **logging into home directory**

3. Burning data/audio CD Error Audio

4. Dialogic for Linux

5. Burning CD's audio problem

6. What should Xdefaults look like?

7. burning audio cd's

8. UPDATE: Major TCP Socket Slow Performance.

9. Burning Audio CD's w/ Track Names

10. Audio CD burning with HP CD-Writer

11. Need help with burning Linux CD's on a PC using Easy CD Creator 5

12. Anyone burnt an audio CD-RW in Linux?

13. PROBLEM: Loading module "ide-cd.o" crashes during cd-r/rw burning