Any stable 2.4 kernel?

Post by Rik van Rie » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:00:10

> I wonder if anybody has found a stable kernel for the following
> hardware: C440GX+,
> Any recommendation for 2.4

My recommendation would be to ask Intel to release the
documentation for the 440GX so the people writing the
Linux kernel have a chance of working around the bugs.

Alternatively, get hardware for which documentation is
available.

regards,

Rik
--
DMCA, SSSCA, W3C?  Who cares?  http://thefreeworld.net/

http://www.surriel.com/             http://distro.conectiva.com/

-

Any stable 2.4 kernel?

Post by Eric W. Biederm » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 23:30:09

> And while you're at it ask for Intel SpeedStep docs, too...

SpeedStep isn't totally undocumented.  The IO Controller Hub 2
documentation has documentation on how to switch the processor into
speed step mode.

And I believe the Pentium 4 version is documented.

I haven't looked in detail at this point, so it may be only partially
documented.

Eric
-

1. Which is currently the most stable 2.4 kernel?

Hi,

The UP server does the PPPoE, so that's OK. Has anyone
torture-tested any of the recent kernels? For
instance, I subsequently read a posting from Alan Cox
saying that 2.4.10 didn't survive overnight for him,
implying that he occasionally roasts penguins in some
kind of server-dungeon...

Cheers,
Chris

2. Detecting Remotely Login User Through Telnet

3. Stable 2.4 kernel source recommendation

4. curses mouse

5. Most stable 2.4 kernel

6. can i use sun enterprise volume manager 2.5 on solaris 8???

7. Which is currently the most stable 2.4 kernel? (PPP)

8. PLEASE help a newbie with a parallel port problem

9. "Stable" 2.4.X Linux Kernels

10. 2.4 kernel 2.4 ppp cannot connect

11. does 2.4 kernel need 2.4 initrd?

12. PROBLEM: my Aviator Webgear 2.4 doesn't work with kernel version 2.4.x

13. 2.4 stable when?