Kernel panic problem in 2.4.7

Post by Alan Co » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 00:20:06

If your cpu context corrupt is with a machine check exception report then
your processor took an internal fault reporting trap. So its not a happy
bit of silicon I suspect - be it overclocked, overheated, or even faulty.
-

1. Problems when boot new kernel 2.5.66 kernel panic

Hi my name is Jesus Delgado from Mexico City:

  I need help for resolve this problems, compile kernel 2.5.66 in rh 8, update
my lvm to lvm2 utils, devmapper, modutil 2.4.24, when try to boot with new
kernel recive this messages:

   VFS: Cannot open root device "rootvg/lvol1" or unknown-block(0,0)
   Please append a coorect "root=" boot option
   kernel panic
   VFS= Unable to mount fs on unknown-block(0,0).

   In my new kernel the modules this into kernel not how modules.

   In kernel 2.4.20 the boot OK with LVM

   Help please.

   Regards

-

2. Do Linux

3. Problem upgrading Kernel, Kernel Panic.

4. DHCPD.Conf options for MS RIS Support

5. Problem to update Kernel, Kernel Panic.

6. adding 2d NE2000 card under Red Hat 4.0 (fwd)

7. Problem wiht Kernel upgrading, Kernel Panic: ...

8. Lockout after 3 failed login attempts

9. panic not rebooting even though /proc/sys/kernel/panic=1?

10. What is Kernel Panic: EXT2-fs panic (Device 3/65)

11. Kernel panic: EXT2-fs panic on 2.5.4-pre3

12. Kernel panic: aha152x panic (during LILO install)

13. Kernel panic: EXT-fs panic from fdisk