PROBLEM: Unexpected EOF when unzipping kernel source 2.4.18

Post by Catalin BOI » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 13:00:49

> [1.] One line summary of the problem: Unexpected EOF in archive of linux
> kernel 2.4.18
> [2.] Full description of the problem/report:

> linux/arch/sh/mm/cache-sh4.c
> gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
> linux/arch/sh/mm/clear_page.S
> linux/arch/sh/mm/copy_page.S
> tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
> tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
> tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now.

The archive is very probably partialy downloaded.
Check sizes and then the md5.

---
Catalin(ux) BOIE

-

Post by Eng Se-Hsien » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 13:00:53

[1.] One line summary of the problem: Unexpected EOF in archive of linux
kernel 2.4.18
[2.] Full description of the problem/report:

linux/arch/sh/mm/cache-sh4.c
gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
linux/arch/sh/mm/clear_page.S
linux/arch/sh/mm/copy_page.S
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now.

[3.] Keywords (i.e., modules, networking, kernel): kernel
[4.] Kernel version (from /proc/version): :Linux version 2.4.18-3
[5.] Output of Oops.. message (if applicable) with symbolic information
resolved (see Documentation/oops-tracing.txt)
[6.] A small shell script or example program which triggers the problem
(if possible)

tar zxpvf linux-2.4.18.tar.gz

As such, make xconfig gives me the following errors

Make -C scripts kconfig.tk
Make: *** scripts: No such file or directory. Stop.
Make: *** [xconfig[ Error 2

Please help. Thank you.

Regards,
Se-Hsieng