I need/am looking for advice on performance testing tools for smp/scsi system

I need/am looking for advice on performance testing tools for smp/scsi system

Post by mbs » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 03:50:07

i guess the subject of my first post was misleading.

what tools are the state of the art benchmarking tools for network, disk and
interrupt latency testing?

the Linux testing project and similar sites list may tests and provide links
to source code but do not say much about which tests are good or bad.

I need to do some kernel performance characterization on a dual xeon, dual Gb
ethernet, SCSI320/RAID system.

I need to measure network throughput vs CPU load, disk throughput, interrupt
latency, network to disk streaming and disk to net streaming.

I need to characterize the stock rh7.3 2.4 smp kernel, stock + pre-emption
patch, stock + latency patch and stock + both.  I also need to test the same
basic combinations, but stripped and optimized for my specific hardware. I
know in a general way that I will probably find the most joy with
stripped/optimized + both, but I need specifics.

I also need to compare compiled in scsi and e-net vs modules

any recommendations for which sets of benchmarking tools to use would be
appreciated greatly

        Thanks for your time,

                Mark
--
/**************************************************

1. Looking for tool set to test quality/performance of a network

Hello Everybody,

I am looking for a suite of robust, automated tools to help ensure the
quality and performance of an ethernet based large Unix network ( Sun
network, to be precise). I'm looking for both commercial as well as
Freeware (if any).

If nothings available, i would have to develop my own set of tools based on
standard Unix utilities. So, any kind of documentation on the above will
also be of great help to me.

I would really appreciate it if you can mail your responses directly to me.

Thanks in advance.

--Pala.

2. old-style ioctl(IS_SET_DEV) error with "pl10"

3. advice on benchmarks for smp/scsi system

4. Need ideas: automating history dump

5. I need a SCSI Bus test tool / Cant load RH6.2

6. TCP connections hangs

7. Need References on Testing UNIX System Performance

8. Bourne Shell Limits

9. Performance tests done on sd show better results on non-smp m/c

10. I am looking for windiows based "ethereal" tool in linux?

11. test test test test test test test

12. network performance testing tool

13. Open Source Web application performance testing tools