fix Documentation/cli-sti-removal.txt thinko

fix Documentation/cli-sti-removal.txt thinko

Post by Randy.Dunla » Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:40:11

Hi,

Please apply to 2.5.61.

The 3 lines being deleted are repeated from above (in same file).
I pulled the 2 lines being added from an earlier version of the patch.

--
~Randy

patch_name:     cli-fixdoc.patch
patch_version:  2003-02-17.13:15:29

product:        Linux
product_versions: linux-2561
changelog:      _
requires:       _
conflicts:      _
diffstat:       =
 cli-sti-removal.txt |    5 ++---

diff -Naur ./Documentation/cli-sti-removal.txt%CLI ./Documentation/cli-sti-removal.txt
--- ./Documentation/cli-sti-removal.txt%CLI     Fri Feb 14 15:51:21 2003

 another related change is that synchronize_irq() now takes a parameter:
 synchronize_irq(irq). This change too has the purpose of making SMP
-to make the transition easier, we've still kept the cli(), sti(),
-save_flags() and restore_flags() macros defined on UP systems - but
-their usage will be phased out until the 2.6 kernel is released.
+synchronization more lightweight - this way you can wait for your own
+interrupt handler to finish, no need to wait for other IRQ sources.

 why were these changes done? The main reason was the architectural burden
-