raid,apm,ide, powers down too fast & corrupts raid

raid,apm,ide, powers down too fast & corrupts raid

Post by Alan Co » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 04:30:12

Quote:> I'm running Linux 2.4.18 on this system.  Has this problem been
> addressed in any later versions?

If the box is IDE then current 2.4.19pre/2.4.19-ac trees actually send
flush commands to the IDE disks to be sure its cleared everything out. It
might be that.
-

Post by Luigi Genon » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 18:30:08

> > I'm running Linux 2.4.18 on this system.  Has this problem been
> > addressed in any later versions?

> If the box is IDE then current 2.4.19pre/2.4.19-ac trees actually send
> flush commands to the IDE disks to be sure its cleared everything out. It
> might be that.

Does that work well with disk cache?
(incidentally, I do not have actually IDE disks out of production, so I
cannot test)

Luigi

-

raid,apm,ide, powers down too fast & corrupts raid

Post by Alan Co » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 21:30:12

Quote:> > If the box is IDE then current 2.4.19pre/2.4.19-ac trees actually send
> > flush commands to the IDE disks to be sure its cleared everything out. It
> > might be that.

> Does that work well with disk cache?
> (incidentally, I do not have actually IDE disks out of production, so I
> cannot test)

Its actually asking the IDE disk to flush its cache yes
-

1. IDE RAID - FastTrak/66 (ATA/IDE - PCI RAID CONTROLLER)

It is at the moment, but Promise is suppose to be developing a driver.
Last time I checked, they said they had an alpha driver, but they didn't
have it posted yet. Check out the Promise support/download drivers
section. And yes, the FastTrack and the ATA66 are the same card (unless
they recently changed it) with different flash BIOSes and an "identity"
resistor.

Adrian
--
- I just tried this on my old Packard Bell 486/66 w/4MB (Hey ...
- shut-up! I was young, ignorant, and didn't know anything about

2. Mandrake 8.0 and IEEE 1394 controller

3. How to add a 2nd card 3COM 3C509 ?

4. RAID RAID RAID

5. Lotus Domino Web Server secure configuration.

6. Raid performace issues (Raid 5 vs. Raid 0+1) with database files

7. A bridging problem for linux cluster

8. IDE RAID Cards vs Software RAID????

9. IDE RAID card or software RAID ?

10. built-in IDE RAID vs. Linux-level RAID?

11. soft ide raid (5?) vs. SCSI raid