problems with framebuff and vesafb

Post by Alberto Ornagh » Sun, 01 Dec 2002 17:00:13

If I enable the CONFIG_VIDEO_SELECT option  and the I pass the vga=791 thru
LILO, I cannot see any message while the kernel boots and while
running.  the kernel is live, the only problem is that the video seems
turned off. (I can blindly log in the system and type a reboot)

I suppose this is a regression since my 2.4.20 is working fine with that
option and I can use my 1024x768 framebuffer console.

I have an S3 savage twister-K, and since there isn't a native driver for
it, I'm using the vesafb driver.

do you need more info ?

bye

    --==> ALoR <==---------------------- -  -   -

There are only 10 types of people in this world...

-

problems with framebuff and vesafb

Post by James Simmon » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 23:20:07

Quote:> If I enable the CONFIG_VIDEO_SELECT option  and the I pass the vga=791 thru
> LILO, I cannot see any message while the kernel boots and while
> running.  the kernel is live, the only problem is that the video seems
> turned off. (I can blindly log in the system and type a reboot)

> I suppose this is a regression since my 2.4.20 is working fine with that
> option and I can use my 1024x768 framebuffer console.

> I have an S3 savage twister-K, and since there isn't a native driver for
> it, I'm using the vesafb driver.

Try my latest patch. It fixes many many things.

-