Unable to make a proper initrd-2.5.59.img for kernel 2.5.59

Unable to make a proper initrd-2.5.59.img for kernel 2.5.59

Post by Dmytro Babliny » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:57:50

I am working under Linux 8.0 (kernel 2.4.18, gcc version 3.2 20020903
(Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)) and trying to upgrade to kernel 2.5.59 (it
has a preemptable feature and I need disable a version support in
order to insmod own driver).
During compilation I had a several errors in different modules which I
removed from configuration and after when I finally made a bzImage and
compiled and install modules I was tried to make a initrd-2.5.59.img
mkinitrd -v initrd-2.5.59.img 2.5.59
And I got the ramdisk image but without any modules inside
I checked it by
gunzip -c initrd-2.5.59.img > /root/b
mount -o loop /root/b /mnt/2.5.59
ls -lR /mnt/2.5.59

which shows that no modules (.o) there. After it was discovered that
modules have an extention ".ko" and mkinitrd script is looking for
".o" extentions.

Am I doing something wrong or how do the people manage this?

Any help very match appreciated.