ISA core vs. ISA card support

Post by Eric S. Raymon » Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:20:11

Quote:> I have tested on a couple of legacy free boxes. However they still have
> what were once ISA devices lurking (IDE initial setup etc). Many PCI only
> boxes have serial ports, parallel, floppy, even ISA style audio devices
> on the mainboard internal busses

> ISA slots I agree is a useful distinction however

Thanks, that's helpful.  I'll introduce an ISA_SLOTS private symbol, then.
Later perhaps we can actually make this distinction in C code;  sounds
like it would be a good idea.

The biggest hypocrites on gun control are those who live in upscale
developments with armed security guards -- and who want to keep other
people from having guns to defend themselves.  But what about
lower-income people living in high-crime, inner city neighborhoods?
Should such people be kept unarmed and helpless, so that limousine
liberals can 'make a statement' by adding to the thousands of gun laws
already on the books?"
        --Thomas Sowell
-

1. ISA sound YAMAHA and ISA 3COm Etherlink III ISA are CONFLICTING

Hello there!!!

I have ISA sound card YAMAHA and ISA 3c509b. 3com doesn't work at all.
I have just removed sound card, and after reboot my net interface eth0
was brought up.

The question is: How can I install 2 ISA cards without conflicts?

Thanks in advance

Artem

2. tcsh 8 bit clean on OSF1-alpha?

3. e-mail autoanswer system

4. Boot problems, Win XP and Red Hat

5. Modem (isa) vs Soundblaster (isa)

6. Athlon instabilities and VIA. "PCI latency" patch for Linux (for KT266A chipset only)

7. To ISA or not to ISA?

8. ISA interupt managment on a PCI/ISA system

9. ISA Cirrus(pre PCI) PCMCIA & ISA SCM swapbox PCMCIA

10. ISA NIC Problems w/ multiple PCI/ISA NIC combination

11. Any support for 8-bit ISA sound cards under linux-AXP/alpha