2.4.20 + Supermount patch + Pre-empt patch = Kernel panic

2.4.20 + Supermount patch + Pre-empt patch = Kernel panic

Post by hvat » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:58:35

Hello,

  I'm running a 2.4.20 kernel patched against the pre-empt patch and
the supermount patch and I get the following kernel panic. Do you
think this is a bug in the kernel or something caused by one of the
patches?

kernel bug at sched.c:566
CPU: 0
EIP:  0010:[<c011744b>]
Process bash

Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
In interrupt handler - not syncing

thanks,
andrew hvatum

2.4.20 + Supermount patch + Pre-empt patch = Kernel panic

Post by hvat » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:51:04

Hello kernel gurus,

  Here is an update. I have now tried the following kernels and all of
them get similiar kernel panics, but the refrenced line number
differs.

2.4.20 + Con Kolivas's jk3 patchset
2.4.20-pre2 + jp15 patchset

  I applied these patches so that I could get preemt and supermount
working, but after loading the supermount module and supermounting
/dev/hdc the computer will crash within 5 minutes with a kernel panic.
It seems to happen very often when I try to change cds. Can the
supermount and preemt patches be used at the same time, or do they
confilct with each other?

Here are my relevent specs.
Fujitsu p2040 laptop
256mb ram
Ali M5229 IDE (uses ALI M15x3 driver)

  If this is a reall bug then I'm really proud to have the oppertunity
to help fixing it, just tell me what debugging information is usefull.

Quote:> Hello,