newbie question :- installation problemo 0x44 error partition gone, please help me.

Post by Andries Brouwe » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:50:14

> i have two hard disks

> hda - > 4GB
> hdb - > 40GB
> hda has no partitions and windowsME is installed
> hdb has 12 partitions ( including Linux Native and
> Swap file system)

> while i was installing linux7.1
> when i was in Diskurid for partitioning
> it told filesystem as 0x44 instead of Win95 FAT,
> but i ignored it and went ahead installing Linux.
> It went really very fine with no problems.
> but when i restarted it is showing me partitions
> of hdb in cfidsk but when i want to mount it is not
> mounting
> and say 'are you trying to mount extended partition?'
> and in cfdisk also it is showing partitions as
> Unknown,
> Even windows is not recognising those partitions of
> hdb. Is all my data lost forever, i am having very
> important data on my disk regarding my studies.

You are not using GoBack are you?

What are the kernel boot messages for these disks?
(dmesg | grep hd)

-

1. newbie question :- installation problemo 0x44 error partition gone, please help me.

hello to all,

i have a problem,
[...]

Please help, as my friends have told i will get my
answers here.
Please send it to me personally at

as i cannot subscribe to it because of my meagreness
of yahoo account space.
so after an hour i will unsubscribe from the list.

Thanks in advance.
-gaurav.

=====
^^_^^^^^.^'^.^^^.^^^.^^^.^^^.^^-^-^^^^^_^^^^^^^^_^^^^^^^^_^^^_^^^^^_^^
|^|^| g . ' . u . r . a . v .  -^-  i  m  s e l ' i n g  u  t'is  i'ea
_\-/_ n . ' . i . s . e . world |   i  o n l y  s a y  u  n e e d  i t

|-=--mi-icq-no--75797811------/-get-what-u-like-/-like-what-u-get----|
|_|f  I  can  I m a g i n e__/it  I  can  A c h i e v e  it_._.-.-._.|
-only.believe.in.miracles--com'andment:.just.c.murphy's.law.in.ur.life

2. HELP - Spurious Broken Pipe Problem?

3. Please help this newbie (installation error)

4. HOW OLD IS SOLARIS?

5. newbie question please please help

6. FreeBSD on laptop

7. Please help..going crazy: RH 8 installation problems

8. Signal handlers & semaphores & sockets

9. "Bus error" please help, I am going insane!

10. Please, please, please help a newbie.

11. Caldera 1.3 Installation {Help Please} Partitions

12. Caldera 1.3 Installation {Help Please} Partitioning